DTS problem

Hi,

I don’t know if that happened after last update of my vero 4k but today I was going to play a video with dts codec and it sounded pretty static, sound was not clear at all. My Marantz AV receiver showed on the small display as DTS Neu, which I think it is DTS neural not the ordinary DTS. Regular DTS, DTS-HD, True HD work well, expect for this kind of DTS Neural

Anyway Here you have my log in case you could help me
https://paste.osmc.tv/ahebipoves

thank you so much

DTS Neural:X is a feature that is entirely within your AVR as a post processing technique and not an audio format. I don’t believe there is any signaling available for a source device to ask an AVR to switch into this mode either. Your AVR’s remote probably has a surround button or similar that allow for cycling between available options. Just for kicks I played a lot of different formats (PCM, AC3, DTS, DTSHD, 1, 2, 6, and 8 channels) with Neural:X turned on in my Denon and couldn’t find an issue. If you turn off this post processing does this problematic movie sound correct?

Correct :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve indeed had an issue with Neural:X applied to PCM sources recently as well. It could be solved by resetting my Denon AVR and re-configuring it.

1 Like

Thank you for your help, in order to hear correctly i have to disable passthrough and turn on dts neural from my remote, I though there was kind of a workaround for osmc to turn it on or off when it s been played

Thanks

I would suggest to start with a soft reset of your AVR. This would be accomplished by unplugging it from the wall for a couple minutes. If the condition does not clear then I would suggest searching the internet for instructions on how to hard reset your model receiver which will probably involve holding down specific buttons on the front of your receiver. The hard reset will require you reprogram all your calibration and other settings.