DVB T/T2/C Dongle astrometa

Hello

I tried to generate the .ko with this method but it doesn’t work.
https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_Obtain,_Build_and_Install_V4L-DVB_Device_Drivers

Here the error messages
Please help me or include like in the vero1 image the complete library

make[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/osmc/media_build/linux’
./scripts/make_kconfig.pl /lib/modules/3.10.101-16-osmc/build /lib/modules/3.10.101-16-osmc/build 1
Preparing to compile for kernel version 3.10.101
File not found: /lib/modules/3.10.101-16-osmc/build/.config at ./scripts/make_kconfig.pl line 33, line 4.
Makefile:369: recipe for target ‘allyesconfig’ failed
make[1]: *** [allyesconfig] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/osmc/media_build/v4l’
Makefile:26: recipe for target ‘allyesconfig’ failed
make: *** [allyesconfig] Error 2
can’t select all drivers at ./build line 490.

I do not understand what you are trying to do. But i am using this DVB dongle with Tvheadend on osmc.

What is the model or name of the device? I can possibly add a backports package of dongle drivers. What does lsusb show (you may need to install usb-utils first)

hello

here the usb device:

us 001 Device 004: ID 15f4:0131 HanfTek
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 2252:1037
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0608 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB-2.0 4-Port HUB
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Vero 2 recognize only the RTL2832 (DVB T)

I tried for a long time to get DVB-T2 working with this stick but it doesn’t look like anyone has been successful.

DVB-T works fine but no T2 so no HD. I gave up.

More info here…

I have the same dongle and got it working on osmc and tvheadend. The os recognised the dongle. My problem was tvheadend played the T2 video with no audio. I had to recompiled tvheadend from master branch to get the audio working.

I got the DVB-t2 working but realtek is not working anymore. At each revision of a kernel this dongle gets some problems.

here you can find the thread how to make dvb-t2 working https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/please-fix-support-for-astrometa-dvb-t2-usb-stick/11862/19

There have likely been some upstream kernel degressions with this device. I will keep an eye out for fixes and backport them.

Is it possible in the next update (September) include the same firmware and drivers in vero 1 (my tuners operate on the vero1).

Hi

I just want to confirm: your tuner works on the Vero 1, and you want support for it on Vero 2? I plan to backport some DVB drivers for Vero 2 soon.

Sam

yes it is right.