DVD anticopy

Hi everyone,

I have a Rpi2 with osmc latest version running, and I cannot play DVDs with anticopy.
I have an usb drive attached to an usb hub with external power.
All the rest DVDs are running well since I bought the mpeg2 license. Can anyone help me on that?

Many thanks

I think that no one knows the answer… Am I right?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us.

We would need logs and more info about the media you are trying to play

What is “anticopy” ?

Sorry for the delay…

This is the link to my log http://paste.osmc.io/wipigabovo

The DVD that I’m trying to play is an original film. In the box appears a logo that says that is an anti copy DVD, that can only be payed on a player not a computer…

Thanks for your help

We will not assist in bypassing measures that are in place to protect copyright. Sorry.

1 Like

But the fact is that I’m not trying to copy anything… I’m just trying to play it…

Correct me if I’m wrong, but all open source software DVD decoders, such as those found in Kodi, bypass CSS copyright protection using the infamous DeCSS code in order to simply operate as a player, don’t they? It sounds as though this “Anti Copy” is a more obscure protection measure that is not widely supported within the open source community. Do you have many DVDs with this warning or is the disc in question an unusual case?

I would agree with this statement.

The fact remains though, there is likely nothing OSMC can do to resolve this issue. You might wish to submit a feature request to Kodi though.

1 Like

The dvd is a serie, so all the discs have the same issue… I’ve tried other DVDs and they worked properly.

I’ve noticed, when making backups of my own DVD collection, that TV series packs have a few stumbling blocks that you don’t normally find anywhere else. There are a few popular shows I could mention to where this occurrence is widely lamented by those looking to consolidate their media into one centralized digital location.

1 Like