DVD playback issue (wrong audio track)

Hello,
I advised a friend of mine to buy a Vero 4K for his driving school. It would allow him to rip his DVDs and launch them directly from his media player.

Unfortunately, I have some issues with his main DVDs. I don’t know how it is technically done on a DVD, but using a still picture, a audio track comes over, illustrating it.

For a reason that I don’t really understand, the picture about the first question is seen with the audio track of the second question. The picture about the second question comes with the audio track of the third question, etc etc.

As you can imagine, this is absolutely unusable.

I don’t have this problem at all with a Windows DVD player like Media Player Classic, or VLC or the famous Windows Media Player (in Windows XP !). It works flawless.

Could you help me troubleshoot this and find a solution please ?

Thanks for your help.

I don’t quite understand the query. Can you provide a small photo or video demonstrating the problem?

Cheers
Sam

Are this proper video parts of the DVD or just DVD menus?
If proper video parts you can use makemkv instead of ripping it

Unfortunately, it’s not plain videos. It’s a mix of still pictures with commented audio and some videos.

I’m currently uploading a video (about 5 minutes long), which will explain what is the behaviour

Video link : OSMC with driving school DVD

At 00:22 : The audio commentary is cut in the middle, and heard directly when I click on “1”, instead of displaying the first question, then launch the audio commentary of the first question.

At 00:50 we hear the audio commentary for question 2, and video still displays question 1

At 01:24, we hear the audio commentary for question 3, and video still displays question 1

At 02:04 we hear the audio commentary for question 4, and video still displays question 1

At 02:36, When the video of question 5 is starting, everything seems to be OK, the audio is synchronized with the good item.

At 03:29 : audio commentary of question 6, video still displays question 5

At 04:01 : audio commentary of question 7, video still displays question 5

At 04:41 : audio commentary of question 8, video still displays question 7

At 05:12 : when question 9 is starting, everything is OK, audio is synchronized with the good item.

At 05:40 : when question 10 is starting, everything is OK, audio is synchronized with the good item.

This behaviour is very strange. As I said, it works perfectly with a Windows PC and classic software players.
I can upload it somewhere if you need to troubleshoot this.

Hi,

Have you tried the rip on another device? Perhaps on PC with VLC.

How have they ripped the DVD, I can recommend makemkv.

Thanks Tom.

Yes he said it twice it works on PC

Is this ripped as a mkv (or other video) or an ISO?

Well obviously I missed that. @calico could do with a small section of the rip, to see if it can be reproduced.

All rips are .ISO files only.

Unfortunately, I’m not skilled enough to “cut” some parts of the ISO file.

FYI, I tried on different DVDs from the same supplier (Codes Rousseau).
All of them have same troubles, so it’s not specific to this .iso file.

All rips have been done with CloneDVD software

Hi,

Please try playing the ISOs back with kodi on your Windows PC and see if the issue still occurs.

Thanks Tom.

This sounds like DVD Menus (Navigation) which is known to have some issues.

I got the same problem on a Windows Kodi install.

As it seems to be a little bit complicated, he gave a try with an older box (WDTV Live) : everything works flawlessly, even the DVD menus. He’ll keep this hardware.