Editing xml files...where are they?

Hello. I just got my Vero V today and am trying to get it all setup.

I am using the osmc scope skin on my Nvidia Shield and I updated the video info xml so that it included tags in the details. This is because I added an aspect ratio tag to all of my movies so I could see which lens memory setting to use on my projector.

I was hoping to do this on the Vero V, but I can’t seem to find the xml that would need to be changed. I only see a small handful of xml files.

Can anyone help me locate these?

I believe it is the DialogVideoInfo.xml located at the path of .kodi\addons\skin.osmc.scope\xml (at least on the Shield). I don’t see the skin folder in the addons folder. Only within the userdata.

I’m not a skinner but what about the file /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.osmc.scope/xml/DialogVideoInfo.xml?

That sounds promising, but that path is not available on my machine as far as I can tell.

Ah, ok, it might not be pre-installed. See @Chillbo’s last scope zip release here: Releases · osmc/skin.osmc · GitHub.
I think you’ve to install it from the repository skin.osmc.scope.zip as an add-on.

The scope skin is installed on Vero V by default.

So, is that file on there somewhere?

What is the output of

ls -ald /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin*

on your Vero V if logged in via ssh? If /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.osmc.scopeis not listed, it is not installed on your system and you can try to install it as already stated in my previous answer.
Is this system up to date?

Try

sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade

to be sure.

Okay. I’ve got this done now. Thanks.

Using windows explorer, I am only able to see what’s in “home.” So, all I saw was in that directory. Using FileZilla for sftp I was able to see the other directories and get the file updated.