Empty skin after updating to Kodi v19.1

I have updated my Pi 3 to latest OSMC version. After the final reboot, new skin appeared, a message with some add-ons to be deactivated and search of all the media in NAS disks. But nothing else appears. Just the new light blue skin with the logo on the top left corner and nothing else. And no remote control buttons does anything.

New restarts, and now just checking new media in NAS disks. And nothing else.

Any help? I check older posts and didn’t find anything similar. Thanks!

Checking kodi.log I find this relevant info:

25.754 T:678      INFO <general>: Unloaded skin                                                                                                                                
25.759 T:678      INFO <general>:   load skin from: /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.osmc/ (version: 19.0.0)                                                                        
25.759 T:678      INFO <general>:   load fonts for skin...                                                                                                                     
25.764 T:678      INFO <general>: Loading skin includes from /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.osmc/xml/Includes.xml                                                                 
26.065 T:678      INFO <general>: Error loading include file /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.osmc/xml/Coordinates_Includes_DialogSettings.xml: Failed to open file (row: 0, col: 0)
26.796 T:678      INFO <general>: Error loading include file /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.osmc/xml/script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml: Failed to open file (row: 0, col: 0)      
26.916 T:678      INFO <general>: Loading fonts from /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.osmc/xml/Font.xml                                                                             
27.027 T:678      INFO <general>:   load new skin...                                                                                                                           
27.027 T:678      INFO <general>: Loading custom window XMLs from skin path /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.osmc/xml                                                               
27.062 T:678      INFO <general>:   initialize new skin...                                                                                                                     
27.062 T:678      INFO <general>: Loading skin file: Custom_Overlay_Debug.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT                                                                     
27.143 T:678      INFO <general>: Loading skin file: Custom_Cache_Progress.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT                                                                    
27.163 T:678      INFO <general>: Loading skin file: Custom_AutoMusicVis.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT                                                                      
27.165 T:678      INFO <general>: Loading skin file: DialogNotification.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT                                                                       
27.172 T:678      INFO <general>: Loading skin file: DialogSeekBar.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT                                                                            
27.179 T:678      INFO <general>: Loading skin file: DialogExtendedProgressBar.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT                                                                
27.187 T:678      INFO <general>: Loading skin file: DialogBusy.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT                                                                               
27.193 T:678      INFO <general>: Loading skin file: DialogVolumeBar.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT                                                                          
27.201 T:678      INFO <general>: Loading skin file: Pointer.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT                                                                                  
27.203 T:678      INFO <general>: Loading skin file: DialogBusy.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT                                                                               
27.210 T:678      INFO <general>: Loading resource://resource.uisounds.kodi/sounds.xml                                                                                         
29.588 T:678      INFO <general>:   skin loaded...                                                                                                                             
29.589 T:678      INFO <general>: Loading skin file: Startup.xml, load type: LOAD_EVERY_TIME                                                                                   
30.103 T:678      INFO <general>: Loading skin file: Home.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY                                                                                       
30.132 T:678   WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-widgetControl                                                                               
30.135 T:678   WARNING <general>: Skipped 4 duplicate messages..                                                                                                               
30.135 T:678   WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-mainmenu                                                                                             
30.135 T:678   WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-template-vertical                                                                                    
30.137 T:678   WARNING <general>: Skipped 1 duplicate messages..                                                                                                               
30.137 T:678   WARNING <general>: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-submenu                                                                                              
30.149 T:678   WARNING <general>: Label Formatting: $VAR[widgetBackground] is not defined                                                                                      
30.204 T:700     ERROR <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting include                                                                                                         
30.206 T:678     ERROR <general>: Control 9000 in window 10000 has been asked to focus, but it can't                                                                           
30.212 T:678     ERROR <general>: ExecuteAsync - Not executing non-existing script script.skinshortcuts

Photo of the skin empty:

1 Like

Thanks!
Doing that, I got Settings menu item. Nothing else.
But it is something. I am browsing around settings option checking if I am able to get the rest of theoretical menu items, like Series, Films, etc…

Hi,

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

1 Like

Well, from settings menu (I got it following your two commands recommendation) I was able to update all existing Add-ons. One of them was the Confluence skin. Then, I changed the skin from OSMC one back to Confluence skin, the one I used before, and now all the info is shown again: Weather, Music, Movies, Series…

I still investigating and adjusting settings but it seems I am on the right track again. I will update any relevant info I get.

1 Like