Empty TV shows not hidden

@leurb @DukeJohn: The library does not contain the TV show video data but instead some meta data like artwork, actors. So, where are the video files located if you mount your NAS share to the file system? From that mountpoint change to the directory which contains the TV show folders.

I am using NFS on my NAS but I have no idea where I can find that mountpoint on the Vero.
The mnt directory is empty and I can’t find anything else (sorry don’t know Linux very well).

Gr.Leurb

showmount -e <IP-of-NAS>

will give you the share(s) on the NAS.

The mountpoint on the Vero will be where you specified it should be. (If you don’t know where it is, you probably haven’t specified it yet.)

My files are located on my NAS (/volume1/mediaplayer/Series), but when I am go via ssh to that directory, I cannot change the owner/group (system is saying user ‘osmc’ doesn’t exist (which is correct, so I created a user ‘osmc’ on my NAS. After that I didn’t get an ssh error anymore, but it still didn’t worked).

NFS uses the user’s UID, which is a numeric value, to determine access permissions. It doesn’t use the user’s name.

The UID for user osmc is 1000. When you created an osmc user on your NAS, it was automatically assigned a UID that was different. As long as there is not already a user with a UID of 1000 on the NAS, you should be able to change it via the command line:

usermod -u 1000 osmc

(That assumes you logged on as root, though not tested, since I don’t have a Synology NAS.)

You didn’t mention group but you can also change the osmc group’s GID – assuming you have already created it – with

groupmod -g 1000 osmc

As dillthedog stated, NFS uses the UID. you don’t need to create an osmc user/group. You could just use sudo chown -R 1000:1000 * in place of sudo chown -R osmc:osmc * in JimKnopf’s instructions above.

Don’t invest too much time with this. Since I cannot reproduce the original issue anymore I’m not sure whether this really has a relation to it.