Epson TW9300 and vero 4K

Hi
I just moved from a sony 1080p projector to an epson tw9300

However, i cant manage to get hdr

Can someone tell what the best video settings should be in vero 4K for that beamer?
Thanks in advance

How do you know you are not getting HDR?

Vero automatically sends the best signal it can, based on the display’s capabilities. Can you post a log so we can see what your Epson is telling Vero about its capabilities?

Ok i managed to get HDR

I’m sending 60 frames now in 10 bit and chroma upsampling in 4:4:4

They (on ht forum) advice me to run in lower chroma 4:2:0 and resolution in 3840/2160 en framerate back to 24 (23.976).
That way i’m running in higher resolution input signal and i’m within hdmi specs of the input of the epson

How can i do that? Can vero do that?

Under Settings/Player/Videos, have you got “Adjust display refresh rate” set to “On start/stop”? If not, try that. Also make sure “Sync playback to display” is NOT set.

Thats the different from what i ask no?
How do i set chroma settings, resolution and framerate
@sam_nazarko can you help me here please?
People on htforum.nl (specialized forum) tell me i should settings like this:
They (on ht forum) advice me to run in lower chroma 4:2:0 and resolution in 3840/2160 en framerate back to 24 (23.976).
That way i’m running in higher resolution input signal and i’m within hdmi specs of the input of the epson

We recommend people with 4K TV’s set their user interface (UI) to 1080p. Kodi’s UI is not optimized for 4K yet and this can put unnecessary demands on your device and can lead to a suboptimal picture quality, as well as potentially cause other issues.

The settings we recommend are as follows…

Settings>System>Display>Resolution> 1920x1080p
Settings>System>Display>Whitelist> (empty) *
Settings>Player>Videos>Adjust display refresh rate> On start/stop

Some televisions may also need, or benefit from, the following being set…

System>Display>Force 4:2:2 colour subsampling> (enable)

With the above settings your UI will be output in Full HD and your 4K content will be output in 4K. *Information regarding the whitelist can be found here. If you have any doubt, feel free to upload some logs so we can verify that your settings are indeed correct.

No.

You use the setting I told you to use. If you set “Adjust display refresh rate” to “On start/stop” then, among other things, that allows Kodi to increase the output resolution to match the dimensions of the video it is playing, and change the output refresh rate to match the frame rate of the video. So, use that setting, and then play a video that is 24fps (or 23.976) and which has a resolution of 2160p, and you should find that the Vero will output 2160p and 24Hz (or 23.976Hz) while the video is playing.

You probably won’t need to change the chroma format from the default, but if you’re having trouble you can try changing Settings / System / Display / “Force 4:2:2 colour subsampling” to true. But only try that if you’re having problems when it’s turned off.

It’s best to keep the “desktop” resolution (i.e. the output when you’re not playing a video) set to 1080p/60Hz.

1 Like

Changed it like you said to adjust refresh rae on start/stop
Now i’m getting 3840 x 2160 and chroma sampling on 4:2:2 colordepth 12 bit
BT 2020 HDR
Also 24hz

The only thing i see in the beginning say when kodi just started, picture flickers the first 10 min
any idea?

I can’t help you with that, but if you post some debug logs one of the OSMC guys can check what’s going on. See here: How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC - the section on “Providing diagnostic logs” if you’re not sure how.

(It’s conceivable that it’s an issue with the projector, mind you).

Unlikely to be anything to do with the flickering, but if you’re getting 4:2:2 12-bit rather than 4:4:4 10-bit then presumably you checked the “force 4:2:2 colour subsampling” box. Did you try playing the video without doing that? Checking that box requires some extra processing, so you shouldn’t do it unless you need to…

Force 4:2:2 colour subsampling is NOT checked