Error Movie library

Hi

I’m getting an error lately when running OSMC Kodi on my Raspberry Pi 3. When I install and read all my movies into the database everything looks fine. However the next day when I startup my Raspberry Pi again all the movies are gone. And even worse I can NOT read them into the library again.
I have to start a new image all over again.
This happend a few times and is really starting to bug me.

Is there a sollution to this bug? BTW I think it has to do with the power save option but I am not sure.

It is with the latest image of 2019-08-08

Hi,

It seems like your SD card may be problematic.

Some SD cards are not genuine or have a lower capacity than advertised. Some simply fail over time.

Symptoms of SD cards not working correctly are:

• Read-only behaviour, or changes made not persisting
  • A filesystem corruption error

Symptoms of counterfeit SD cards are:

• Writing works until a certain filesystem size is reached, thereafter, writes seem to cause issues where existing data is lost or newly written data is not preserved.
  • SD card fails after a short amount of time.

Counterfeit cards are usually found on Amazon and eBay.

SD cards have a limited lifespan. I recommend you change SD card and suspect that issues will no longer persist with a good card. If you would like to be a good quality SD card purpose manufactured for OSMC, then you can find one in the Store.

1 Like

How are you shutting down your Pi and what “power save option” are you referring to?

Ok, the error seems to be"fixed" with a new sd. The old sd was 5-10 years old so I guess it was at the end of it’s lifespan.

That’s a long time when running an operating system off a card

Sam