Error occured while installing update of OSMC

Dear All,

I have this message when trying to update OSMC on Rpi2 :

An error occured while installing the following package: libss2 (1.43.4-2+deb9u1)

I am not an expert, so please could you help me to solve this issue?
I have a Rpi2 + Kodi 18.5

I am french, located in Toulouse! Excuse me if my english is not perfect!

Kind regards,

Philippe

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

1 Like

Hi,
Thank you very much for all these explanation!
I will do that and come back to you asap;
Kind regards,
Philippe

Hi,
I have followed your instruction: Allways the same message.
Please find the provided URL from the log set upload: (from the log Uploadre, I haves selected the Kodi log, don’t know if it is the right choise!).

https://paste.osmc.tv/okelopuvif

Hope I have done the right procedure!
Kind regards,
Philippe

Nope, we need the apt logs, so just choose all

OK…Sorry for my very low knowledge…
Need I to repeat the full process or just choose all and upload again ?

Thank’s
Philippe

just choose all and upload and share new URL

OK, done !

Thank you for your prompt answer!

https://paste.osmc.tv/omogugipuz

Philippe

Hi,

Looks like file system corruption, I would reinstall and restore system from a backup if available. If issues continue, you will need to replaced the SD card.

Thanks Tom.

test card with h2testw after taking backup

To be honest, I was afraid of this answer…
For the backup, can I make an image with win32diskimager for ex ? or can I do it from Kodi?

If you know how to use the command line, I would suggest that you run these commands before trying a full reinstall:

sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Please show the full output from running these commands.

@fzinken, for the Backup, I have installed the AddOn Backup and done a backup…Very easy in fact…

@dillthedog, yes I use to use the command line (for my domotic Jeedom which is on a RPI3B+), but here, I cannot acces to the Kodi Rpi with putty…I was thinking that the login was ‘pi’ and the PW ‘raspberry’, but it doesn’t work…Where is my mystake ? (ssh is activated).

Thank’s for your help!
Philippe

osmc/osmc

Wonderful, it works!!! :slight_smile:
Thank’s a lot!

here are results of the three commands:

https://paste.osmc.tv/renazigogo.vhdl

Could I try again to update OSMC?

Have a look in system information : Kodi is now in 18.6 (before in 18.5) ! its smel good, I think!

You are now up to date. It all looks good.

Excellent!
No need to change the SD card for the moment…

I would like to thanks all of you who help me and allowed to understand more about OSMC ! :slight_smile:
This is wonderful !!

I am now waiting for the last version of the ‘InputStream Adaptive’ (ver 2.4.4 for Kodi 18) to watch movies on Dysney+ !!

Merci beaucoup !! :slight_smile:
Philippe