Error on June updates

Received the following error while updating this month, even did a fresh install and still the same.

Unpacking atv-image-4.2.3-13-osmc (13) …
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/atv-image-4.2.3-13-osmc_13_i386.deb (–unpack):
unable to clean up mess surrounding `./boot/System.map-4.2.3-13-osmc’ before installing another version: Read-only file system

here is the log
http://paste.osmc.io/wovetevevi

This means you didn’t shut down your AppleTV properly.

The good news is this is easy to recover from. Have a look at the AppleTV Forum category, there was a user with the same issue a few days ago. The solution is very simple and it involves logging in via SSH and invoking a few commands to perform a filesystem check. This will make the boot partition writable, which is where the updated kernel will be written to. Then you can resume the upgrade with success.

Please make sure you shut down your device properly in the future.

Sam

Might be nice to post a specific link

Use the search button

I have the same error Sam. Can you give some specific instructions on how to get rid of the error message.
Thanks.

Here’s my error:
Unpacking atv-image-4.2.3-15-osmc (15) …
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/atv-image-4.2.3-15-osmc_15_i386.deb (–unpack):
unable to clean up mess surrounding ./boot/vmlinuz-4.2.3-15-osmc' before installing another version: Read-only file system dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe) Examining /etc/kernel/postrm.d . Preparing to unpack .../tzdata_2016f-0+deb8u1_all.deb ... Unpacking tzdata (2016f-0+deb8u1) over (2016d-0+deb8u1) ... Errors were encountered while processing: /var/cache/apt/archives/atv-image-4.2.3-15-osmc_15_i386.deb E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1) osmc@osmc:~$ Unpacking atv-image-4.2.3-15-osmc (15) ... -bash: syntax error near unexpected token (’
osmc@osmc:~$ dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/atv-image-4.2.3-15-osmc_15_i386.deb (–unpack):
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token (' osmc@osmc:~$ unable to clean up mess surrounding ./boot/vmlinuz-4.2.3-15-osmc’ before installing another version: Read-only file system

dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Examining /etc/kernel/postrm.d .
Preparing to unpack …/tzdata_2016f-0+deb8u1_all.deb …
Unpacking tzdata (2016f-0+deb8u1) over (2016d-0+deb8u1) …
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/atv-image-4.2.3-15-osmc_15_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)