Estuary skin problem

Hi,
Actually I’m running Kodi 20.1 with OSMC default skin. When I try to change to Estuary skin I’m getting error / message that there were problems with it. Previously I performed “Reset Kodi on next reboot”

Log is here: https://paste.osmc.tv/anocejulag

Could you pls investigate the problem and advice how to troubleshoot it??

Many thanks in advance

Are you referring to the ‘can’t build menu’ error message? If so that is a known issue without a known solution. It doesn’t actually affect anything so it can safely be ignored. It only shows up if you have the “skin shortcuts” add-on installed and enabled. You can disable it but this limits skin customization for skins that use it.

Yes, it is…to be more specific, it says “Unable to build menu” message. I ignored it but the main menu is very wide, off the screen.

Could you pls advise how to disable this Skin Shortcut? I seem I cannot find it out.

Many thanks

It seems you have a issue with Overscan. Ensure that you did not have any calibration configuration in Kodi/OSMC and use one of the following methods depending on the TV Brand you use.

• Samsung TV - go to Menu / Picture / Picture Options / Size / Screen Fit (instead of 16:9).
  • LG TV - go to Settings / Picture / Aspect Ratio / Just Scan (instead of 16:9)
  • Sony TV - hit Home button, go to Settings / Screen / Display Area / Full Pixel
  • Sharp TV - hit View Mode button, select “Dot by Dot” or “Full screen”
  • Sharp Aquos - go to Menu / System Options / View Option / View Mode / Dot by Dot
  • Panasonic TV - go to Menu / Picture / Screen Settings / 16:9 Overscan / Off

Either you or some weird script has done something very strange to the Estuary folder. Estuary doesn’t use Skin Shortcuts (or any other addon), but I see in the log that you have a file from Skin Shortcuts in:

/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml/script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml

There are also a bunch of errors about not being able to open a file when you try and use the OSMC skin, like this:

/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.osmc/xml/Coordinates_Includes_Home.xml: Failed to open file

So I think you have a more significant issue to resolve than just disabling an addon.

1 Like

settings>system>add-ons>manage dependencies>skin shortcuts>disable

It works now, menu now fits the screen.

It was previously set to Just scan - Auto and by setting it to ON worked out.

Many thanks!

Thank you for navigation.

I tried to disable it but got message that other skins use it (Arctict Zephyr namely) and it cant be disabled.
Nevermind for now skin works just ok.

I have seen it too…log is flooded by error messages. We will see what comes next, if other problems surface out by using it.

Thanks everybody for great support.