Ethernet (DHCP) not working after July update

Ok, this now confuses me, sounds like you are using DHCP on the Vero but just assigned it with a dedicated IP on the DHCP server mapped to it’s MAC (which is the proper thing to be done). Can you take a screenshot of the network page of MyOSMC.

yes that is exactly what I have done.

I can send a picture but as of now I have removed the MAC entry from my DHCP server and I have OSMC hard coded to an IP.

Ok, as the Vero is still configured as a DHCP client all is good and normal.
To be honest everything for me sounds like it is now correctly configured.

why do I need to have the IP hardcoded in OSMC then? it was working just fine with DHCP control earlier today, now I have an issue. I will keep it hardcoded but I just don’t understand the issue.

Ok, I think I misunderstood you in your last reply. Just reviewed the screenshot now and saw that you have manually configured IP on the Vero.

As mentioned I would keep static IP for the time being. Currently I can not see a reason why DHCP is not working for you on the July update as it’s working fine here.

May I suggest you change the title of the thread to “Ethernet (DHCP) not working after July update” so that someone with the similar issue find it faster.

updated, I will keep messing with it to see if I can come up with a solution.

Silly question, but did you try rebooting the router? It may have just gotten confused.

yeah, multiple times. I was hoping that was the case but I guess not.

it is working now, but only because I hard coded the IP in the June update and then upgraded to July. My router does not see the IP in the DHCP server but it is working. when I tried to install the July update alone I didn’t even get the chance to hardcode the IP it just said no wired connection.

okay so when I had the june update installed it took a DHCP address, even though it was working through the one I hard coded, I changed that IP to the one I had hard coded, restarted my router and then set the OSMC to DHCP and it acquired the right IP. and my router sees it now. odd. and a day of entertainment wasted. I can’t wait until I get my Vero 4k+.

Do you have the router set to reserve the IP for the Vero? I’ve had the odd problem in the past with linux and routers suddenly refusing to give an IP.

Reserving an IP always seems to have helped. But after updating my router to run OpenWRT I haven’t had of the same problem.

yes, I have the mac address of the vero set to an IP on my router.

restarted and it’s all messed up again, I guess I will stick with the June update.

Suggest to do that. Just before you switch to June could you provide full logs with grab-logs -A your previous one was with lower case a which is not helpful.

I see that you are using 192.168.88.xxx subnet…do you have mikrotik router?
Because I have almost the same problem with my RB951G-2HnD. It offered DHCP lease, Vero4k grabs it and after second or two, it disconnected. Then tried to reconnect, but disconnect again. And so on.
Tried all things described here - restart devices multiple times, disable wifi, ifconfig, update Mikrotik RouterOS.
Sam sent me some update, which may solve it, but it made Vero’s wired LAN completely dead instead. Then I did clean reinstall of OSMC and it worked again. But the only solution working for me, was to plug Vero into another router I have in my infrastructure. Then everything works.

Dont know why is there such a problem with Mikrotik.

@shiro35, yeah I am using Mikrotik, by any chance have you done any further investigation on that side?

RouterOS is very great is so many ways, it’s unfortunate it has such an effective downside with either OSMC or the veros. I have faced this before as well, I am trying to remember if I faced this with OSMC on the raspberry pi. which I don’t think I did, I think it was since switching either to the Vero 2 or Vero4k.

If it seems to be a problem with the Mikrotik router, have you tried contacting their support for help?

I have not, but I have had mikrotik for awhile, I didn’t have this issue with OSMC on the raspberry pi, it seems to have started when I got either the Vero 2 or Vero 4k.

In my case I have the MAC address of the Vero 4k set to a static IP on the router for NFS reasons. It seems to occur after every reboot which I guess I just never noticed because the only times the Vero 4k gets rebooted is for updates. It is never able to reacquire the IP though, even when I randomly reboot it.

Also I have several more devices configured on the router the same way and have not faced issues with any of them.