ExFAT & Kodi

Hi, i’m looking to replace my android box. I’m currently using an android box running 4.4 and Kodi 16.1 with multiple hard drives plugged in formatted with ExFAT. could i plug these ExFAT hard drives into the Vero 4K and have them work straight away. Also, how would i play the video files from it? can i get Kodi on the Vero 4K?

Yes ExFAT is supported by OSMC. As long as the drives have own power supplies you can connect all of them. If they our powered thru USB then normally 1 is max.

OSMC which is the OS running on Vero4k will come with Kodi 17.3 preloaded (at the time of writing)

The Vero 4K is basically debian jessie with a complete mediacenter (including Kodi) solution already installed and ready to use. You’ll be able to configure everything right from the start including Wifi / Ethernet access, ssh and remotes.

Your ExFAT discs will be automatically mounted in /media and available for Kodi when you’ll plug them in. You can then play the files on your drives by going directly into the File Manager, but we suggest to add them as video sources and let Kodi scrape the needed info so that they’ll be added to the library and will also be available through UPnP.