exFat usb drive does not automount

Hi, here we go again.

I have recently run out of space on an external drive partition I used to store videos on osmc. I managed to re-size the partition as there was more space on the drive, however, the drive, both partitions, fail to automount on startup. They mount fine on my mac and disk utility does not find any errors.
The main partition is formatted as exFat and the smaller one as Apple Journalled.

Before I try to mount them manually, which I don’t know how to do yet, is there anything else I could try?

Thanks for help.

Bart

The HFS partition will not mount but the exFat should mount.
Provide logs via grab-logs -A maybe we can spot the issue.
And post output of blkid

Funnily enough, HFS used mount too. Anyway blkid returns:

/dev/mmcblk0p1: UUID=“35D0-C06B” TYPE=“vfat” PARTUUID=“000ce63c-01”
/dev/mmcblk0p2: UUID=“1f91d865-960e-4c73-82a3-75a2582d8481” TYPE=“ext4” PARTUUID=“000ce63c-02”
/dev/mmcblk0: PTUUID=“000ce63c” PTTYPE=“dos”

I assume this is only the SD card, right?

Logs have been uploaded to https://paste.osmc.tv/ihemasafud

Thanks

Yes there is no indication of a second drive here.
Also your log file dosen’t show any USD drive.
So my guess would be either a issue with the USB connector or a power issue.

Well i twill mount but if you have

My information is that it is only supported read only.

I have copied all important data to another file and re-formatted the troublesome one as a single partition. It mounts now, no problem, I assume I will need to rebuild the library now to allow for some files location change.

Thanks for the help. Bart

Well the automounter mounts the disk to /media/<partition label> so as long as you have the same label not need for library rebuild

I had files on two partitions so some will not work anyway. What would be the command for re-building library? I’m struggling to find it.

Well you don’t want to “rebuild” the library as that would just rebuild it with the old locations in mind. You basically only have two options:

1. Rebuild the library by removing the existing sources and adding them again from the new path
  2. Manually update the path in the database

Panic’s over ;). Autoupdate managed to deal with most changes I just had to update one source path.
The more I understand the more I’m impressed with osmc.

Thanks, Bart