Express VPN - Open VPN on Vero 4K

Yes, you just select install from ZIP file.

This is the exact link to the ZIP file: https://github.com/brianhornsby/script.openvpn/releases/download/v3.0.0/script.openvpn-3.0.0.zip.

Don’t open or extract it on your PC, just copy the ZIP file straight over.

Either follow @sam_nazarko advice or if you want to make live easy connect to the Vero with ssh (see https://osmc.tv/wiki/general/accessing-the-command-line/) and then execute wget https://github.com/brianhornsby/script.openvpn/releases/download/v3.0.0/script.openvpn-3.0.0.zip

You then choose “home folder” after choosing “Install from ZIP”

That link worked thank you Sam, at least now I am showing Open VPN enabled in my program add ons. I then go into configure it shows the following
Open VPN Configuration
Import Open VPN Configuration File
Delete Open VPN Configuration File
Open VPN Settings
Open VPN /user/bin/open vpn
Management IP Address. 127.0.0.1
ManagementPort. 1337

Where to now? Thanks for your invaluable assistance so far. Greatly appreciated.

I think there are some presets to let you pick most providers.
Otherwise they should have an OpenVPN file on their website for the VPN you wish to use.

Here we are: How to Set Up OpenVPN on Linux Using the Terminal | ExpressVPN.

Just put the ovpn files on a USB stick I believe and select Import

Sam

Thanks Sam for all your help, Just letting you know that I have had a win with the VPN . Cheers and looking forward to playing with the VERO 4K now.

How did you get your username and password into the openvpn add on? I’ve got the add on installed and I’ve downloaded the slickvpn config file. (Not sure if I’m supposed to modify that file?) and imported it. When I click run it says ‘An error has occurred whilst trying to connect OpenVPN Unable to connect to OpenVPN management interface. Any ideas?

I feel like I should be modifying the config file with my username and password but not sure and don’t want to mess up the config file. There are no areas within the OpenVPN add on to add any credentials.

@bunyip73

Hi,

I think you need to add the following to the .ovpn file:

management localhost 1337

More details can be found here:

Thanks Tom.

1 Like

Hello Connect, Did you have a win with your VPN settings? The way I had success was after installing the Brian Hornsby Zip File for open VPN I then put on the Zomboided Addon and found Express VPN under them. Enter your username and password as directed. Works great. Sorry about the delay. Not on here often enough but such a great helpful forum. Good luck

Thank you sir! You saved me a massive headache. :slight_smile:

Hi,

How are you trying to setup the openvpn connection? Through Brian Hornsby’s addon, Zomboided or manually configuring openvpn.

Thanks Tom.

Zomboided. Just made it work!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi folks, I’ve spent a few days trying to set up vpn on my vero4k. I’ve installed Brian Hornsby’s repo and the Zomboided one. I’m almost there but I’m confounded by a message I get on screen when trying to configure the connection. This is the message;
The command “Killall” is required to run this add-on. Please install it and ensure it’s available on the command path.

Any advice gratefully received.

Hi,

killall is provided by the psmisc package.

it can be install via apt-get.

Thanks Tom.

I believe you opened a support ticket on this as well. I’ve replied with some details on how to install this package via SSH.

Cheers

Sam

Thanks Tom, psmisc now installed. Thanks for your help.
Paul

1 Like

Hi Sam, not sure if your comment was intended for me. Nope, I haven’t opened a support ticket.
Paul

Hi Paul

It was – just sounds like two chaps also interested in setting up Zomboided VPN and needing this package then

Give us a shout if you have any problems.

Cheers

Sam

Thanks, will do.

You’ll receive no support for this issue here as, streaming HGTV outside of the US is against this forum’s
policy on piracy and bypassing geo-restrictions. Good luck.

Thank for letting me know.
Much appreciated