External hard drive not visible after Krypton upgrade

Hi,

I updated to Krypton on Feb-16-2017 on my Rpi2. I had ntfs-3g and samba already installed before the upgrade. And, I could see the external hard drive from ssh as well as from main menu.

After the update, however, it has stopped seeing the external USB drive. “sudo fdisk -l”, only lists the following and does not show the external device.

Device Boot Start End Sectors Size Id Type
/dev/mmcblk0p1 2048 499711 497664 243M c W95 FAT32 (LBA)
/dev/mmcblk0p2 501760 60751871 60250112 28.7G 83 Linux

Appreciate any help I can get in resolving this.
Thanks!

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload some logs. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

How is your hard drive powered? Each successive version of OSMC and Kodi hwve more and more features and use more and more power. If your hard drive is powered just from the Pi’s USB port it is possible that th3re is now insufficient power to keep it working.

As @ActionA says above a full log will tell us if that is the case, but you might want to try a better power supply or power it separately and see if that works too.

Also try the drive on another machine, it might have failed.