External HDD connected to router not recognised during boot

Hi, I have an external hard disk containing my media connected to a wireless router (Apple Airport Extreme). I made an entry in fstab to auto mount the disk upon startup of my Pi2 running the latest OSMC (Alpha4 I believe). The Pi2 is on a wired network connected to the APE. The disk is not recognised upon startup and only if I login and execute a “sudo mount -a” the disk mounts properly. The latter suggests there is nothing wrong with the disk and/or the way it is connected (I can access the disk upon manual mount without issue). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Please post your exact fstab file - most likely you don’t have the right mount options for systemd.

This is what my fstab looks like:

/dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot vfat defaults,noatime 0 0
/dev/mmcblk0p2 / ext4 defaults,noatime 0 0
//192.168.1.2/Movies /mnt/Movies cifs username=Albert,password=password,sec=ntlm

However, I don’t think the fstab is the problem since I can manually mount after the boot up is finished (using mount -a).

Thanks

Fstab is your problem. You don’t have the correct mount options for systemd. Try the following:

//192.168.1.2/Movies /mnt/Movies cifs noauto,x-systemd.automount,username=Albert,password=password,sec=ntlm 0 0

works - awesome - thank you very much!!!