Few playback issues on my new Vero 4K+

Do you have both the Vero 4k and Verok 4K+ so you can compare?

It works on Vero 4K but not on Vero 4K+
Does not matter whether the MySQL server is on same network or not, both are tested.

As I wrote, there’s something wrong with “OSMC Settings” on Vero 4K+, you CANNOT disable
“wait for network”, it’s like that function don’t work at all.

Why would you want to disable wait for network in this situation ?

The My OSMC addon automatically enables wait for network if it detects a MYSQL configuration. That’s by design.

I dont want to disable it, i’m just saying that you can’t :wink:

After some testing on my Vero4k+ I can confirm that wait for network does not work with a static IP. In other words it continues to boot without waiting even if the ethernet cable is unplugged.

This seems to be related to connman, as ‘connmanctl state’ is reporting ready for a couple of seconds during bootup which is fooling the connman-wait-for-network.service into thinking that network is available. It should report idle when the network is not connected.

At this point I’m not sure if any other devices are affected but if it’s a connman bug most likely all OSMC devices are affected by this.

It will take some investigation to try to pin down the exact cause of this race condition during boot.

I have just run a few more tests today.

When I run with a DHCP assigned IP which is my case 4K+ normally gets assigned 192.168.0.20 MYSQL is detected. My database in held on a Synology NAS running Maria DB held at 192.168.0.253.

Log attached

https://paste.osmc.tv/ubacinalez

When I change over to a static IP on the 4K+ say 192.168.0.99 MYSQL is NOT detected. Log here:

https://paste.osmc.tv/itepojanos

Out of interest I already run a PI2 running LibreELEC and Generic S905X box running CoreELEC and when they are assigned a static IP they both work as expected and attached to MYSQL.

For me this is not a major issue it was just noticeable coming from Libre/CORE ELEC.

The MySQL “wait for network” issue with static IPs is still unresolved with the latest Leia builds.

I have to use static IPs for my Vero devices as they receive notifications from network services and running scripts such as texturecache.py from a separate machine requires the IP of the devices to be consistent.

Setting the DHCP assignment by MAC on the router/gateway side is not always possible as they do not all have this option.

As this issue has been going on for many months now, will it be fixed in the final version of Leia for OSMC?

But how often are you changing your router/gateway?
We’re aware of the issue and a fix will be provided, but there are several priorities ahead of this.

My router hasn’t been changed for years and has never supported the DHCP assignment option. So device IPs do change over time.

Glad to hear that a fix is coming, thank you.

That’s clear now. Your previous wording made it sound like a hypothetical.

We’ll get there though!

1 Like