Ffmpeg broken on OSMC

Recent package changes in OSMC seem to have broken ffmpeg. When running the command, I get the following error:

ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

On Debian, that library is usually provided by the package libgl1. However, if one tries to install that package, apt-get will want to remove the following: rbp2-mesa-osmc rbp4-device-osmc rbp4-mediacenter-osmc

Therefore, I assume that one of those OSMC-specific packages provides its own libGL.so.1 that is incompatible with what Debian’s ffmpeg expects. Can this be fixed? I imagine that quite a lot of OSMC users rely on ffmpeg, e.g. in order to remux downloaded media files into the particular format that they want to import into Kodi.

I just installed it on a vero4k+ and it’s not throwing an error.

osmc@vero4kp2:~$ ffmpeg -version
ffmpeg version 4.3.6-0+deb11u1 Copyright (c) 2000-2023 the FFmpeg developers
built with gcc 10 (Debian 10.2.1-6)
configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version=0+deb11u1 --toolchain=hardened --libdir=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf --incdir=/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf --arch=arm --enable-gpl --disable-stripping --enable-avresample --disable-filter=resample --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libaom --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libcodec2 --enable-libdav1d --enable-libflite --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libjack --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libmysofa --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librabbitmq --enable-librsvg --enable-librubberband --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libsrt --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi --enable-lv2 --enable-omx --enable-openal --enable-opencl --enable-opengl --enable-sdl2 --enable-pocketsphinx --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libdrm --enable-libiec61883 --enable-chromaprint --enable-frei0r --enable-libx264 --enable-shared
libavutil      56. 51.100 / 56. 51.100
libavcodec     58. 91.100 / 58. 91.100
libavformat    58. 45.100 / 58. 45.100
libavdevice    58. 10.100 / 58. 10.100
libavfilter     7. 85.100 /  7. 85.100
libavresample   4.  0.  0 /  4.  0.  0
libswscale      5.  7.100 /  5.  7.100
libswresample   3.  7.100 /  3.  7.100
libpostproc    55.  7.100 / 55.  7.100

Maybe try reinstalling it?

After running apt-get install --reinstall ffmpeg, the problem remains. I should mention that I am running OSMC on a Pi4.

Yes, you should! I don’t have one here so can’t test.

It’s fixed in staging.

1 Like

It responds to any command related to ffmpeg in the same way

ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Make sure you updated to staging and installed the libglapi package.

Or can you tell us more about updated to staging

Hi

Hopefully the issue is now addressed.

I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we potentially release this as an update to other users. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Run the following command to add the staging repository:
    echo 'deb http://apt.osmc.tv bullseye-devel main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list
  3. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  4. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you remove /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list after updating.

This will deactivate the staging repository. You can do so with the following command:
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list.

Please note that we will automatically disable this update channel after 14 days on your device in case you forget to do so to ensure that your system reverts to the stable update channel.

Hi

I did everything according to the instructions and everything worked. Thank you for your help.

1 Like