Files into a External HDD connected to router not recognized by pi3/osmc

Hi friends,

I have this problem: I connected an external USB my ZTE F-680 and configure it in storage sharing.
IP address of modem-router is 192.168.1.1 and the path to reach the shared folder is //192.168.1.1/samba
From my pc with windows 10 and with my Android 6.0.1 i can reach it without problems and see the files that are inside, but from my Pi3 with osmc I see the disk, but i can’t see the files that are inside the disk (I tried to reach it through smb://). when i connect to my Pi3 by ssh and i do a mount, i can see the disk but de files have a strange name, with ugly caracters (like ???%^^^^^^)

Any idea where is the problem?

Thanks for all

Guess you have different filename encoding.
How are you mounting on OSMC?

I mounting on OSMC editing /etc/fstab. Then I put:

//mysambaserver/mysambafolder/ /media/myname/ cifs
noauto,x-systemd.automount,username=name,password=name,uid=1000,gid=1000,iocharset=utf8 0 0

looks correct, try to leave out iocharset=utf8
If that doesn’t work than you would need to figure out what charset is used on your router

without iocharset=utf8 doesn’t work!!!

How can I get the charset is used in my router?

Maybe check if you get some details from the windows event viewer after you access it from there

I’ll try to get later.

I need to get the sambaclient installed on osmc?

I doubt that will make a difference to your problem but may help you to troubleshoot.

Hello, I have the same problem with Samba.
I only see the fist letter of names of files. The other character are with symbol ‘???’.
Have you found a solution to this problem?

Hi,

You can try to set your system in UTF8, fixed name issue for me. First check your current setting by making an ssh connection and type locale
If you are already in UTF8 you should have something similar to
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_NUMERIC=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_TIME=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_COLLATE=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_MONETARY=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_MESSAGES=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_PAPER=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_NAME=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_ADDRESS=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_TELEPHONE=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_MEASUREMENT=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_IDENTIFICATION=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_ALL=

This was not set as shown on my OSMC, reconfigured by typing dpkg-reconfigure locales followed by a reboot.