FileZilla FTP transfer - transfer issue - R Pi3

Hello

I’m trying to transfer some videos (about 100) to the sd card of my Pi3.
All transferred are made into sub folders of the main video folder.

After a while, I can not transfer files anymore. I have to remove files from the sd card and then it works again.
The sdcard is 32go and so far I have the equivalent of 12go on the sd card.
The sdcard is correctly formatted (osmc fresh new installation)

Here is hte message on FileZilla :slight_smile:

Erreur : error while writing: received failure with description ‘Failure’

the kody log only shows one identical message:
ERROR: CecLogMessage - could not open a connection (try 5)
08:37:25.014 T:1806201840 ERROR: CecLogMessage - RegisterLogicalAddress - vc_cec_set_logical_address(E) returned invalid arg (8)
08:37:25.014 T:1806201840 ERROR: CecLogMessage - Open - vc_cec could not be initialised
08:37:25.018 T:1806201840 ERROR: CecLogMessage - could not open a connection (try 6)
08:37:26.014 T:1806201840 ERROR: CecLogMessage - RegisterLogicalAddress - vc_cec_set_logical_address(E) returned invalid arg (8)
08:37:26.014 T:1806201840 ERROR: CecLogMessage - Open - vc_cec could not be initialised
08:37:26.015 T:1806201840 ERROR: CecLogMessage - could not open a connection (try 7)
08:37:27.015 T:1806201840 ERROR: CecLogMessage - RegisterLogicalAddress - vc_cec_set_logical_address(E) returned invalid arg (8)
08:37:27.015 T:1806201840 ERROR: CecLogMessage - Open - vc_cec could not be initialised
08:37:27.015 T:1806201840 ERROR: CecLogMessage - could not open a connection (try 8)
08:37:28.016 T:1806201840 ERROR: CecLogMessage - Regis…

Any idea ?
thanks

You won’t like this but it sounds like you may have a fake SD card that reports itself as 32gb but is actually smaller.

1 Like

Login via SSH and run df -h and report output.

Alternatively you may want to do a low level test on the SD card. But as that would delete the contents of the SD card you might first want to do a backup.

that s also what I thought…this is the third card I get a proble with. The two first ones wouldn’t allow me to install OSMC (bought from internet). This one comes from a IT shop down town…

Let us know the outcome of the df -h and depending on that make your backups and test the card with Hw2test.

it looks like the second partition is full.
How can I figure out which folder is taking all the space ? (I’m new to linux)

thanks

du -h seems to be the command to use.
the osmc folder is taking 13g (mainly my videos)
the mmcbk0p2 contains another folder that takes 16g, I can not find the folder…

Install ncdu with sudo apt-get install ncdu
If you run it on the / folder you can drill down to see what’s using the space

I guess it is the .kodi folder which is a hidden folder (because of the . infront of the name)

the .kodi folder could be 14go ?

look, i run a dir from the root folder :

Indeed, I can not see the .kodi
what’s the best way to quickly check the size of .kodi ?

ncdu is working great !

nevertheless, I can only see the /home folder being the “big folder” containing the 13 go video

I can’t see where is the remaining 15go of this partition :

Do you still believe it could be a hidden folder ? (.kodi)

I can see a .kodi file in home/osmc but it’s only 6Mo

thanks for your help

Ok this is now strange and indicates a fake card.
So du -h / also only report 15G?

fzingen, thanks for trying to help.
when I run du -h / , I get the following at the bottom of the analysis “14G”

It would be very surprised to have another fake card. It’s a brand new Sandisk 32Go card in a genuine packaging bought in the IT dpt of a big supermarket…no amazon or ebay sourcing…

Well that is the only explanation I have looking at what you show us. Suggest you make a backup and run Hw2test on the card to know what you have.

This is what I’m about to do.
I’m just trying, at the moment, to find out how to make a full back up of the sdcard on my pc where Putty is running…
trying with Win32Diskmanager and I will then launch the hw2test program (it will format my sdcard from what I’ve seen after installing it.)

Kind of, it will actually continuously write/read a pattern from start to end and therefore determine the real capacity

to acces your “/” in windows you can use this program

It will allow you to read from the SD card so you can make a back up on your pc. Or you can use a program like Win32DiskImager to make an image file of your SD card.

Backup has been done without any issue.
I’ve then formated the sd card (NTFS - 32Go) and run H2testw, result is as follow :
Warning: Only 30343 of 30433 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 12.7 MByte/s
Reading speed: 15.4 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

No idea what’s happening ! the card seems to be OK.
I will run the installation again and run a big file transfer to see what happens