Fix distorted splash image

Well it could be: The pi2 itself, the hdmi cable(s) that i have, the tv, or something software related. I can eliminate the pi scenario by reinstalling raspbpian on the pi1 and check if everything works there…if it does, then its either software related or the pi2. If it doesnt work, then its either the cables or the tv…
I know for a fact that some time in the past (with the p1) this whole CEC thing was working because the pi1 would switch off when i shut down the tv so i had to disable CEC from Kodi…So if all the sudden it doesnt work…then something is wrong with the tv.
Worst case scenario…if its the tv…will this cec bug really affect anything else besides the splash ? I dont use any cec ‘abilities’ like control tv and pi with the same remote. Will the Framebuffer thingy be enough?

ps: at least now we know why others have this distorted splash image…and a temp way to fix it…
ps2: now that i am thinking about ‘the others’ part…what are the chances that ‘we’ all have broken tvs or pi2s…couldnt it be software related ? Does the tvservice command create a log or something with the reason why it cant read the CEC?

well its settled then…its the tv…tvservice -d doesnt work on the p1 as well…Nothing gets written.

1 Like

I have the same prob. Here is my .dat file (remove the .ico ext). edid.dat.ico (256 Bytes)

My splash is 1.2.2 as well.

Here is my config:

decode_MPG2=0x389fea6e
decode_WVC1=0xfccda5bd
gpu_mem_256=64
gpu_mem_512=64
gpu_mem_1024=320
over_voltage=0
over_voltage_sdram=0
force_turbo=0
disable_splash=1
core_freq=450