Forcing Vero 4K to 10bit has an unfortunate side-effect...?

The auto-switch doesn’t always work first time, so you need to do it once or twice sometimes.

Anyway – that’s why this is still in testing :slight_smile:

So start a movie once or twice? I see.

I think for right now is simpler fix is just to leave the Vero at 1080p and have it auto switch when a 4K signal is fed.

You should have the GUI on 1080p already. You don’t want to run the GUI at 4K all the time, just enable Adjust Refresh Rate and it will change to 4K when you play 4K content.

I should? How comes? I hadn’t read that anywhere!

(Maybe a sticky on this would be good, because it seems that I’ve been missing information, despite reading what I consider to be fairly diligently!)

I preferred to keep the GUI at 4K because my projector takes quite a bit longer to switch resolution than refresh (around 11 seconds). But obviously I won’t do that if necessary.

If (for whatever reason), I’m supposed to keep the Vero at 1080p, then there’s “no issue.” 1080p plays back at REC.709, and 4K plays back at 10bit/BT2020.

Definitely. See New Vero 4k User initial setup - #2 by sam_nazarko

We make 1080p the default. 4K is possible, but your TV will almost certainly do better scaling of the GUI than Kodi.

That’s good.

Sam

Well then!

FYI, I thought you’d be interested to know (now that this bug has occurred twice), that when I switch from 1080p to 2160p in the GUI, when playing a movie the picture completely dropped, instantly. As in, signal gone. A reboot of the Vero sorted it, but it’s happened a couple of times after setting back the GUI to 2160p from 1080p.

In any case, I’ll leave the GUI at 1080p from hereon out, and leave the forced 10bit for my JVC (assuming the actual toggle never works for me in the future).

Cheers, Sam et al!

The toggle will work more effectively (read: actually work!) in the next update or two.

Sam

Looking forward to it.

As thanks for your (continued, appreciated) help, I’ll be ordering another Vero now.

Yay!

edit - done!

1 Like