Hi, my vero 4k worked flawlessly for a long time (1+ year), until an update introduced frame skipping, slowdowns and problems with blackouts. I never bothered to look into it, and a few updates later the problem was gone. Now with the latest update, the problems are back. Super annoying.
Watching a full 1080p movie means blackouts for 2-5 seconds every 5mins or so. They also skip frames a lot. Sometimes every 5 seconds, to then work as expected for 10-15mins or more until it starts skipping again.
Just now watching a movie I had the info and debug panel up. I could clearly see the frames skipping. A weird thing I noticed was it was using the HW decoder, but one of the cpu’s maxed out at 100% load quite a lot (all others at 2-10%). It later settled down by itself and by then is stopped skipping as many frames.
It’s not due to my network/nas, as the buffer was full / way ahead all the time (visible in the search bar / timeline and debug info). I’ve also tested through iPerf and get about 600mbit throughput (if I remember correctly). Using wired/wifi doesn’t matter for my issues. The movie I watched now was quite low on the bitrate and I saw no correlation between high bitrate and skips / slowdowns.
I also read something about true motion etc. in combination with auto refresh rate could introduce skipping. Well anyway all those kind of settings are off on my tv.
Logs below, hope they help.
My full setup:
Vero 4k to Yamaha RX-V681 (mostly watch with the Yamaha off where it acts as a “dumb” hdmi switch).
Yamaha to LG B6 oled.
WD Nas hosts the files.