Frameskipping in the most 1080p files

Not quite – I made sure that quite a few team members tested it and we couldn’t reproduce the problem. That’s when it gets frustrating for me as well – because I very much understand there’s a problem, but wasn’t sure why only a few users saw it and if the issue being reported was the same as others. For example: the 4K frameskips reported by @acidduck are now fixed; but the issue was different (albeit similar symptoms).

There are two changes that have likely remedied your issue:

• Not delaying the presentation of a frame for so long
  • Increasing the Render thread’s priority. It’s important to present frames as they come in and if something switches away from that thread (for example to buffer; or run an add-on); then you will see a skip. We had a similar problem affecting all platforms last year; where every 10 seconds a slight skip was seen.

It’s certainly possible that some more people were affected but just didn’t notice, but I suspect a lot weren’t affected. I didn’t say your issue wasn’t credible or that you didn’t have one; but rather that I wasn’t sure that it was an issue that was common to all of you. Particularly, as some had no issue before April; some had no issue with certain content etc.

The good news is that it’s now fixed.
I’m glad to hear that the issue is resolved now.