Freeze after update

I tried to update today through my OSMC clicking 'update now'. I got a message that a new image was downloaded and OSMC would go down to install. After that OSMC faild to start again. When deconnectin power I very briefly see a messahge saying: waiting for root filesystemdevice /dev/mmcblk0p2 /dev/mmcblk0p2: recovering journal /dev/mmcblk0p2: clean, 52001/1892352 files, 2851275/755072 blocks this goes so fast that I had t take a picture to be ablle to read it. Then the OSMC logo appaears shortly and nothing happens after that. I am on Raspberry Pi red light burns steady, green led every x seconds. The green led lights up in an irregular pattern but with intervals of multiple seconds. ANy suggestions?

Hi,

It seems like your SD card may be problematic.

Some SD cards are not genuine or have a lower capacity than advertised. Some simply fail over time.

Symptoms of SD cards not working correctly are:

• Read-only behaviour, or changes made not persisting
  • A filesystem corruption error

Symptoms of counterfeit SD cards are:

• Writing works until a certain filesystem size is reached, thereafter, writes seem to cause issues where existing data is lost or newly written data is not preserved.
  • SD card fails after a short amount of time.

Counterfeit cards are usually found on Amazon and eBay.

SD cards have a limited lifespan. I recommend you change SD card and suspect that issues will no longer persist with a good card. If you would like to be a good quality SD card purpose manufactured for OSMC, then you can find one in the Store.