Frequent random freezing

I’ve been reading this thread since its inception, but I’m not convinced of a widespread issue and I’ve not seen any real logs to clarify this.

Unfortunately, this is much akin to saying your ‘car doesn’t start’. There are a multitude of reasons why this may be the case, and while the symptoms may be the same, the cause (sparkplug, battery) may not be.

Everytime someone here adds a ‘me too’, they’re doing so with different variables. I’ve read here about the August, September and October update. There were three updates in September alone, totaling 6 potential updates, so specifics are important: 2015.09-1/2015.09-2/2015.09-3.

My suggestion would be to try the latest October update, as it is, and see if you experience issues. There was a nasty upstream kernel regression in the network subsystem that could cause freezes, and it was more replicable for some than others, but this was addressed in 2015.09-3 and 2015.10-1

The one log that was uploaded was a partial Kodi log which does not give me any insight in to the issue. @MeneerJansen seems to be describing a playback issue, rather than a freezing issue.

I am closing this thread. I would advise you try the October update and see if issues persist. Please start your own thread outlining your symptoms fully and providing full logs. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC. Your issue may not necessarily be related to the original poster’s, and to ensure that both they and you are able to get their issue resolved, we would like you to start a new thread for clarity.

Sam

1 Like