Frequent random muting, then freezing

Another freeze-up on ‘OSMC_TGT_rbp1_20150830.img’/kernel 4.2.3-3-osmc. However, this time I immediately tried to establish an ssh connection. As expected, this woke OSMC up, however I caught a brief glimpse of an on-screen message along the lines of: “Pulse-Eight CEC Adapter: connection lost.” The system then proceeded to fast-forward to a point that presumably corresponded to where I’d been, had playback not frozen up. Playback was normal from here on, but CEC was gone.

Now, here’s the kicker: I used the Kore Remote app to go to: Settings>System>Input devices>Peripherals. This lists a single unit:

CEC Adapter

• Product ID: 1001
  • Vendor: 2708
  • Class: cec

(I am using a Sony RM-ED035 with my KDL-EX501 telly.)

Opening the config page for the unit did not nothing, and neither did saving with no changes. However, when I disabled the unit and saved, the remote suddenly worked again (despite the config page now indicating it as disabled)?! In fact, enabling and disabling it now seemed to do nothing at all.

Update 1: I continued to use the system, and the same thing happened. This time toggling the CEC config did not revive the remote, however.

Update 2: CEC was not restored upon rebooting. I assumed this was because I had left the config on ‘disabled’, but enabling it did not restore CEC. Using Power>Exit fixed the issue.