Frustrations

No reason, I don’t even know HPD lock does. Sometimes I just get so frustrated, so I try switching things on and off at random, just to see what they do.

One of my problems is that sometimes I can’t turn on Vero 4K+ after one of my weird crash. I have to try disconnecting and reconnecting the powercable several times, before Vero starts normally. The first startups starts with the “please stand by”-screen followed by the blue screen with the OSMC logo and then black screen, no signal on tv and no connection to Vero.
This time I have turned on my TV and saw that Vero didnt start. So I pulled out the powercable and connected it again, and then this black screen happened.

Here’s the latest logfile. Are you able to see anything from this?
https://paste.osmc.tv/epiyawetap

Can you let us know:

• What is connected to the device?
  • Is the power supply directly connected to the wall (no extension chord or adapter)

Sam

@sam_nazarko I’m using the original power supply and have HDMI, network cable and the USB dongle connected

And now two crashes in a row. Now I can’t even enter the settings, before it crashes, straight after a restart. I give up, this gives me too much headache :see_no_evil: Can I have my money back, please!?

Please upload some new logs
I understand the screen was going black before because you had it set to suspend after a period of inactivity

Yes, I do have it set to suspend. But then I should be able to wake it again. And it shouldn’t crash while i’m using the device.

https://paste.osmc.tv/epiroxoruy

So you didn’t turn this option off as previously suggested?

Have you actually tried a fresh install without restoring your existing settings and userdata?

I don’t recall you suggesting turning off the suspend option? Yes, I’ve tried fresh install with no restoring.

I will try switching suspend mode off, if you think that will help. But that is one of the key features, that I really like, and it would be a shame if I can¨t use it

It’s for the purpose of testing. It can be enabled again later.

I just noticed, the shutdown function timer is set to off. Guess I haven’t touched that since last clean install… But I do have enabled shutdown when TV is switched off in the CEC settings. I’ll try restoring CEC settings to default

Just do a fresh install and leave everything as default.

@sam_nazarko I did a fresh install and stepped through the setup guide. Now what? Can I add music and videos to my library? and can I add control through Yatse app?

It’s really hard to use it without changing some settings? What about passthrough audio?

You can change audio settings and add your sources

1 Like

Another crash already :poop: This is getting SOOOOO frustrating!!! Guess this won’t tell you much, since I haven’t enabled debug logging?

The only thing I did after fresh inatall was adding music to library

https://paste.osmc.tv/opoperoyud

Yes – it would be ideal to have debug logging.
All I can think this could be is a power supply issue, if your device is truly clean (i.e. no add-ons, skin customisations yet).

We can send you a new one.
Please send me a PM with your order number.