FSTAB CIFS mount not working after kodi update

Hi Tom,

there is no need for further activities in my case. The solution is the connecting via SMB:// without mounting. So thanks.

hans

have a nice time

The requested outputs:
osmc@raspi:~$ sudo mount -a
osmc@raspi:~$
osmc@raspi:~$ sudo mount -v /mnt/MEDIA
Couldn’t chdir to /mnt/MEDIA: No such device

Also, i have tried this:
Login via the command line
Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch-devel main
Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
Your system should have have received the update.
Please see if the issue is resolved.

…but it does not work. Nothing happens.
Tried adding vers=1.0 , 1.01, 2.0, 3.0, 3.02 but nothing works.

Something a little more descriptive would help here…

That simply means the directory /mnt/MEDIA does not exist or is not accessible by wrong permissions. If it should exist, remove it and reboot. It will be recreated if it is a mountpoint in fstab. If it does not exist reboot also to let it create.

OK, i followed your advice. Unmounted /mnt/MEDIA, then deleted it. Afterwards i rebooted the device and the MEDIA directory got created by the fstab line, as you said, but still there was no mount.
again i issued sudp mount -a and sudo mount -v /mnt/MEDIA. For the last command, now i got error “Host down”. Tried to ping the share server from the raspberry and i got reply OK, so again i got stuck. I searched on the internet for more smb tshooting and i issued these commands:

osmc@raspi:~$ smbclient -L 10.2.2.249 -U Administrator
WARNING: The “syslog” option is deprecated
Enter Administrator’s password:
protocol negotiation failed: NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_RESET
osmc@raspi:~$ smbclient -L 10.2.2.249 -U Administrator -m SMB2
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
osmc@raspi:~$ smbclient -L 10.2.2.249 -U Administrator -m SMB3
Domain=[NGDC] OS= Server=

Sharename       Type      Comment
    ---------       ----      -------
    ADMIN$          Disk      Remote Admin
    C$              Disk      Default share
    E$              Disk      Default share
    F$              Disk      Default share
    IPC$            IPC       Remote IPC
    IT              Disk
    MEDIA           Disk

Connection to 10.2.2.249 failed (Error NT_STATUS_RESOURCE_NAME_NOT_FOUND)
NetBIOS over TCP disabled – no workgroup available

So although there were errors, the SMB3 version command seemed to work. So i went again to the fstab entry and added “vers=3.0” again for i don’t know how times. Issued again sudo mount -a => no result, then sudo mount -v /mntMEDIA and surprise; it did not show any errors anymore.
I checked and the share got finally mounted. I really cannot explain why, because i did these steps before, for several times, with no success.
The share now gets automonted at reboot and also with command sodu mount -v /mnt/MEDIA
i don’t understand why sudo mount - a is not working anymore.

Conclusion:adding"vers=3.0" in the fstab entry solved the issue.

Happened the same thing to me. I solved by adding “vers=3.0” to fstab. Thank you.

Got the same error about mount error(22): Invalid argument using the fstab to mount a cifs on a Zyxel NAS540, since I updated osmc today.
Fstab used to work using the following pattern
//Source/path /mnt/path cifs username=User,password=xxx
Tried adding the vers=1.0/3.0 to the fstab linr and also succesfully applied the updates using
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot.
Tried to delete the mount folders, too.
Nothing helped.

Hi BenniV,

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

So, in summary:

• activate the logging
  • reboot the OSMC device
  • reproduce the issue
  • upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A
  • publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

Thanks Tom.