FSTAB Issue connecting to network drive

Hi,
I have a Vero4K+ running Bullseye running Nov 2022 OSMC version.

I have a number of network shares setup that worked for a long time but not I can no longer connect from the Vero4K+ to those shares.

Here is one FSTAB entry.
//192.168.0.100/Multimedia/Movies /home/osmc/qnap/Movies cifs x-systemd.automount,auto,rw,iocharset=utf8,username=,password=,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0

When I do a mount -av. The error I receive is "Couldn’t chdir to /home/osmc/qnap/Movies: No such device.

I may have a corrupted file system but I don’t know much about the inner workings of Linux. Any help is appreciated.

As you have fstab entries I assume you know how to SSH to the Vero. Let’s do some checks (copy/paste the output):

1. ls -lah /home/osmc/qnap
  2. Suggest to install smbclient (sudo apt install smbclient) no need to share that info and then run the command: smbclient -L 192.168.0.100 and copy/paste

Could try to add in your fstab line vers=2.1 but let’s first see what the commands above give

Thank you @fzinken

ls -lah /home/osmc/qnap

drwxr-xr-x  2 root root    0 Jan  7 17:19  Movies

smbclient -L 192.168.0.100

Sharename       Type      Comment
    ---------       ----      -------
    Public          Disk      System default share
    Multimedia      Disk      System default share
    SMB1 disabled -- no workgroup available

I don’t know where to place the version info in the fstab line though.

It shows you in this guide…

I have unmounted the previous connections. I can now cd into the folder.
When I use this command in the fstab file I get the following error when I try to sudo mount -av

//192.168.0.100/Movies /home/osmc/qnap/Movies cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,rw,iocharset=utf8,credentials=/etc/.credential_fstab,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770,vers=2.1 0 0

/home/osmc/qnap/Movies: ignored

Finally found a dmesg error of -95. This led me to add in a vers=3.0 at the end of fstab as previously mentioned. Apparently when the QNAP NAS drive last updated it disabled SMB1.

I appreciate the help.

So are things working as expected now?

Sam

Yes. It is. I scoured the internet for the phrase “No such device” in relation to FSTAB and I could not find anything. I appreciate the clues that were given to find and fix the problem.