Fstab questions

It appears the addons are set to auto-update, force youtube to update but remained at 18.225
Ive adjusted the network setting and rebooted, log file again;
https://paste.osmc.tv/kobajosawu

Right now, it looks much better.

From the Kodi Movies menu:

• Clean the library to remove stale sources (possibly needs Expert level).
  • Re-scan the movie library

Edit: I think you’ll also need to add media sources for your NFS mounts. Right now, sources.xml is effectively empty.

1 Like

You realize with the way you are mounting that you have Videos show up twice and Kids 3 times?

/mnt/Trailers/Video/Kids and
/mnt/Videos/Kids and
/mnt/Kids

I doubt this is what you want. You need to move things around on the disk. I’d suggest that you just do domething like:

Diskstation/Video/Adult
Diskstation/Video/Kids
Diskstation/Video/Trailers

would work much better.

Would you suggest I then only create a single mount;
/mnt/Video/

Then within the Kids Profile, Add /mnt/Video/Kids as a Source.
From the Adults Profile, add all three sub folders as individual Sources?

That would be the logical way to do it, yes.

We’ve come full circle. Doing that might allow the kids to navigate upwards to /mnt/Videos using the double-dot. Caveat: since I’ve never used a profile, I can’t say how restrictive (or otherwise) the file navigation is.

But this would only be through the file browser, if clicking the ‘Movies’ link from the default home screen, this should only show the kids source?

I’d be happy with this for a short term (1-2 years) solution.

Another route might be Videos > Files

Currently I’ve only got two options on their default home screen, Movies + Settings.

Whilst they could get into The Videos folder, its highly unlikely. My previous solution (until this week) had the adults section only a couple of clicks away through the same menu. If the Adults videos are now buried away deeper within sub menus, I think this should be suffice… for the time being