FStab Samba and NFS shares no longer load on boot

Hi,

After working perfectly yesterday, as of today my Vero 4K no longer mounts the shares I have configured in FSTab (2 x Samba, 1 x NFS).

If I run (after booting)

sudo systemctl daemon-reload
sudo systemctl restart remote-fs.target

Then the shares are mounted properly. Proving (I think) the Fstab entries are fine - they worked fine yesterday, and the shares are accessible. But if I reboot the Vero 4K they are not loaded.

Any suggestions please on debugging?

Logs?

1 Like

Sorry - what are you requesting please? I upload in the My OSMC section? Or I paste into the thread? Happy to do either but TV in use now (unless I can do this via SSH?).

I also just ran:

grab-logs -P -A

Did not see anything useful (other than the fact the directories are not found so it is skipping scanning). When I reboot and it briefly flashes to terminal I see the mounting fail errors, but they do not seem to appear in the above.

Hi,

Please issue:

grab-logs -A

The post the provided link here, so we can diagnose further.

Thanks Tom.

Hi - sorry where is the link? I don’t see any http links at the top or bottom of what is output after running this command. The first line is:

grep: /var/log/apt/term.log: No such file or directory

and the last line is:

---------------------- Kodi Old Log END --------------- 2qaAc90c

Hi,

Drop the -P

Thanks Tom.

Ah sorry!

https://paste.osmc.tv/uxuketutox

Thanks.

Hi,

Have you got wait for network enabled in MyOSMC. If it is enabled try disabling and re-enabling it again.

Thanks Tom.

1 Like

Hi - I haven’t changed that from whatever the default is (in the 2018 April version, which it was factory reset to 2 days ago).

Will get a chance to try that shortly and let you know.

Cheers,
Paul

Thank you very much, Tom. That seems to have done the trick.

FYI this was not enabled, i.e. it is apparently not enabled by default in the 2018-04 version. I wonder if that is a change? Or whether it indicates something has occurred on my network which means this now has to be enabled where as it did not before?

Cheers,
Paul

Hi,

I believe wait for network has always been off by default.

Thanks Tom.

Ok, thanks again.

I can confirm as a new vero 4K user that wait for network was disabled by default on 2018.04-1

Yes – it’s always off by default.