Full Frame 3D still not working with September update

In another thread, OSMC Raspberry Pi engineer popcornmix said:

Couple of points:
We no longer use 3D flags from the EDID. There are too many incorrect EDIDs out there to rely on this. Kodi settings are the only thing that affects whether 3D SBS/TAB signalling or frame packed modes are used.

Use “tvservice -s” when playing a video to check whether we are signalling SBS, TAB or FP 3D modes.

Whether a 3D video is output as FP is purely determined by the “Use Full HD modes for 3D” switch. Not by mkv tags or filename tags. You will need a valid 3D tag to get the switch to a 3D mode however (or use the video OSD).

As he says that we should be able to use the “3D mode” menu from the OSD regardless of the filename, and as this menu was unavailable, I hadn’t tried to rename a file until now. I just did, I added “.3D.SBS” before the .mkv extension. Now I’m asked which 3D mode I want, so I choose “Preferred mode (Same as movie)”. My TV switches automatically to 3D, but I get a “Stereoscopic 3D Mode : Side by side” notification, and indeed it seems that I only get half the resolution. Now the “3D mode” menu is available, but there’s no Frame Packed option.

Although I get:

osmc@osmc:~$ tvservice -s
state 0x12000a [HDMI CEA (32) 3D FP RGB full 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 23.98Hz, progressive

Any suggestion?

The debug log is 1.6MB, should I share it entirely on some file sharing service? Or do you only need a few specific lines?