Full HD but Light, Fast Skins for OSMC Kodi on Apple TV 1 (ATV1)

I’ve found a skin I consider more appealing than Amber…

Arctic: Zephyr!

Check out a video of it in action, here: Kodi with Arctic: Zephyr skin - YouTube

It works quite well on my aTV. Allows for custom menu items (including sub-menu items).

It’s minimal, clean, professional, and has a modern feel to it. :+1:

1 Like

@vanfog - So I did not see it in the “Get More” menu… How can I point to it, install it and keep it updated on ATV1?

Download the latest commit from Github, here: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic.zephyr/archive/master.zip

Get the ZIP onto a USB that you can attach to your device, or copy the ZIP file to your device.

Then go to System > Settings > Add-ons > Install from zip

And install!

1 Like

the dependency on xbmc .ui version 5.9.0 could not be satisfied??? problem when i install zephyr

@vanfog Can I SSH/ SFTP/ SCP it into ATV1 somehow?

PS: Any light weight minimal - less graphics - more Text - High Resolution Skins?

When I say High Res… I mean being able to see more number of lines of code/ lines of Files/ Lines or cells/ rows of an Excel file on screen i.e. Smaller Font allow more visible lines per Folder that one goes into.

The fastest and lightest skin by far is Quartz5 for either Jarvis or Krypton. Runs like butter on my ATV with Ubuntu/Kodi Jarvis.
There are some small bugs, but none are showstoppers.

Second Quartz 5 on atv. Run it on 4 atv’s and very smooth as Soli said.

I really enjoyed the skin that is supposed to replicate the original aTV OS. Its light and has a lot of nice customization options available. Not sure if it is still supported as I actually use my aTV as a Plex server now.