General unreliability and endless sad face loop

it’s allways good to see someone taking on the shell and learning new things. But I thought I’d give you a third option. Linux File System for Windows, by Paragon software. This software reads most Linux filesystem and is free to use for 10 days, after 10 days they limit write and read speed to 5mb/s.

I’ve used it often and like it, even considering buying it.

This makes your file management in a familiar environment, but you still got to know what files and folders to copy/drag&drop.

Download and install the software, insert your sdcard in the windows running pc and it should come up as another drive-letter.

OK thanks for that.

Well it did it (file size has changed) but not of the customisations seem to be present.
The home menu remains the same, the options are unchanged.

What is the path to your old SD Card /media/xxxx that helps us to give the commands.

That customizations are not in guisettings.xml they are under .kodi/userdata/addon_data

If you are sure that the files on the old SD Card are OK you just can copy the whole folder (stop mediacenter before) with cp -a <path to old sd>/home/osmc/.kodi /home/osmc/

1 Like

OK, I think I’ve got there now. In desperation I copied the whole ‘addons data’ folder over and it now looks like its all working as before.

Thanks.

I must have posted just as you did. This worked so thanks.

Would it be best to back this up using OSMC backup and restore it onto the other box?

That might be the easiest
But before ensure you have tested the SD Card

1 Like

If your using a PC and the SD cards are the same size (you can copy to a larger SD but it will not use the extra space without further work) you can use win32diskimager to image the entire working SD to a file on your PC and then write that image to other SD cards. This gives you a backup and an easy way to restore an entire system. If you are going to keep the image for a backup you might want compress it to zip or something before packing it away.

1 Like