Geniatech T230C2

Trying to find out if anyone has managed to get this card working with OSMC as I can’t seems to manage this. It seems to be idVendor=0572, idProduct=c68a and the current ‘modinfo dvb_usb_cxusb’ doesn’t show it.

I’m reading everywhere about drivers by crazycat69 but I can’t get them to compile on OSMC for some reason. I have managed to get it to be picked up on the ELECs though and am now trying to figure out if the hardware is borked or if it’s purely a software/kernel/os “issue”.

Anyone able to help?

Cheers

Hi,

We don’t use CrazyCat drivers in OSMC.
If you need CrazyCat drivers then that is likely the issue

Sam

Thanks @sam_nazarko. Are there any plans to support this card at all?

I don’t know much about it; but it’ll likely be supported in the future with a kernel bump.

Sketchy at best it would seem without the Crazycat drivers. I just returned it and grabbed a T230 instead which picks up as idVendor=0572, idProduct=c688. Works a treat on my Pi so much so that I might grab another.

Next question would be if it works on the Pi, will it work on the 4k+ as I understand they are different kernel versions? Pay day soon, might be able to get a 4k+ earlier than planned :slight_smile:

I’m going to bring up DVB to ~4.21 for Vero 4K / 4K + soon.
So if it works on Pi (4.14) it will soon enough work on 4K/4K+

Sam

I have that VID and PID and it works a treat on Vero. But you may have to copy the firmware files from your Pi as there are different flavours.

I noticed that there were a number of different firmware versions around which I found odd but thanks for letting me know this one works :slight_smile:

I’ll be sure to keep a copy of the firmware used on the Pi though just to be sure.

That’s a good idea — as the firmware is decoupled from the kernel.

I keep them the same across all devices however; as they are platform agnostic

Sam