Gismetro stopped working today

Gismetro weather stopped working today. Tried refresh and reboot but nothing.

weather.gismeteo [v.0.6.3+matrix.1]: Unhandled exception detected!
2023-11-29 20:08:10.488 T:1511 error : weather.gismeteo [v.0.6.3+matrix.1]: *** Start diagnostic info ***
2023-11-29 20:08:10.488 T:1511 error : weather.gismeteo [v.0.6.3+matrix.1]: System info: uname_result(system=‘Linux’, node=‘osmc’, release=‘5.15.92-1-osmc’, version=‘#1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jul 25 00:03:42 UTC 2023’, machine=‘armv7’)
2023-11-29 20:08:10.488 T:1511 error : weather.gismeteo [v.0.6.3+matrix.1]: OS info: Busy
2023-11-29 20:08:10.488 T:1511 error : weather.gismeteo [v.0.6.3+matrix.1]: Kodi version: 20.2
2023-11-29 20:08:10.488 T:1511 error : weather.gismeteo [v.0.6.3+matrix.1]: File: /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.gismeteo/resources/libs/gismeteo.py
2023-11-29 20:08:10.488 T:1511 error : weather.gismeteo [v.0.6.3+matrix.1]: Code context:
172: ‘pressure’: {‘min’: self._get_int(xml_day.attrib[‘pmin’]),
173: ‘max’: self._get_int(xml_day.attrib[‘pmax’]),
174:> ‘avg’: self._get_int(xml_day.attrib[‘p’]),
175: },
176: ‘cloudiness’: xml_day.attrib[‘cl’],

2023-11-29 20:08:10.489 T:1511 error : weather.gismeteo [v.0.6.3+matrix.1]: Global variables:
GismeteoClient = <class ‘resources.libs.gismeteo.GismeteoClient’>
GismeteoError = <class ‘resources.libs.gismeteo.GismeteoError’>
calendar = <module ‘calendar’ from ‘/usr/lib/python3.9/calendar.py’>
etree = <module ‘xml.etree.cElementTree’ from ‘/usr/lib/python3.9/xml/etree/cElementTree.py’>
requests = <module ‘requests’ from ‘/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/init.py’>
time = <module ‘time’ (built-in)>
unicode_literals = _Feature((2, 6, 0, ‘alpha’, 2), (3, 0, 0, ‘alpha’, 0), 2097152)
2023-11-29 20:08:10.489 T:1511 error : weather.gismeteo [v.0.6.3+matrix.1]: Local variables:
result =
self = <resources.libs.Gismeteo object at 0xd9069d48>
tzone = -180
xml_day = <Element ‘day’ at 0xd8a5d0f0>
xml_location = <Element ‘location’ at 0xd8a69f00>
2023-11-29 20:08:10.489 T:1511 error : weather.gismeteo [v.0.6.3+matrix.1]: **** End diagnostic info ****
2023-11-29 20:08:10.495 T:1511 error : EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<–
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class ‘KeyError’>
Error Contents: ‘p’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.simpleplugin3/libs/simpleplugin.py”, line 795, in _get_cached_data
data, timestamp = cache[key]
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.simpleplugin3/libs/simpleplugin.py”, line 381, in getitem
raise KeyError(key)
KeyError: “_location_forecast(‘en’, ‘10589’){}”

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                 File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.gismeteo/default.py", line 498, in <module>
                                                   weather.run()
                                                 File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.gismeteo/resources/libs/simpleweather/simpleweather.py", line 475, in run
                                                   self._resolve_function()
                                                 File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.simpleplugin3/libs/simpleplugin.py", line 1128, in _resolve_function
                                                   return action_callable(self._params)
                                                 File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.gismeteo/default.py", line 364, in forecast
                                                   data = _location_forecast(lang, location.id)
                                                 File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.simpleplugin3/libs/simpleplugin.py", line 850, in inner_wrapper
                                                   return self._get_cached_data(cache, func, duration,
                                                 File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.simpleplugin3/libs/simpleplugin.py", line 801, in _get_cached_data
                                                   data = func(*args, **kwargs)
                                                 File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.gismeteo/default.py", line 415, in _location_forecast
                                                   return _call_method(gismeteo.forecast, params)
                                                 File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.gismeteo/default.py", line 472, in _call_method
                                                   return func(**params)
                                                 File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.gismeteo/resources/libs/gismeteo.py", line 263, in forecast
                                                   return self._get_forecast_info(x)
                                                 File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.gismeteo/resources/libs/gismeteo.py", line 107, in _get_forecast_info
                                                   'days': self._get_days_forecast(xml_location),
                                                 File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.gismeteo/resources/libs/gismeteo.py", line 174, in _get_days_forecast
                                                   'avg': self._get_int(xml_day.attrib['p']),
                                               KeyError: 'p'
                                               -->End of Python script error report<--

You could try informing the author either through its dedicated thread on Kodi’s forum or its github page but since it doesn’t look like anything has been going on in either for several years then the path of least resistance is probably to just uninstall it and use multi Weather instead.

Oddly enough I have the same issue, the problem is MultiWeather doesn’t work either :confused: (I know it’s out of the scope of this forum, just commenting for info.)

I posted on the Kodi forum too. Apparently this works but it doesn’t for me.

Multi Weather update to 1.0.20 was released on Github. You can find it here.

Let me know if it works for you?

Nope, doesn’t work. Updated from 0.0.2 (or whatever it was), now says 1.0.20 but still doesn’t work.

An updated version was released by the owner Gismetro stopped working in OSMC · Issue #22 · vlmaksime/weather.gismeteo · GitHub but it has a problem when trying to install it. I get the following message when trying to install from zip file in OSMC; “the dependency on xbmc.python 2.19 could not be satisfied”.

Mine installed with no errors, it just doesn’t work.

I downloaded the zip from [https://github.com/vlmaksime/weather.gismeteo/releases/download/v0.6.4/weather.gismeteo-0.6.4+matrix.1.zip] and installed it over the top of the broken repository one (ie just did a install from zip without removing the broken one) and after giving it a minute to grab up to date information it worked just fine.

I have the same issue. Do I just copy onto a stick and try and reinstall from there

Yes download [https://github.com/vlmaksime/weather.gismeteo/releases/download/v0.6.4/weather.gismeteo-0.6.4+matrix.1.zip to a USB stick and select install from zip file in the addons menu.

0.6.4 working for me.

2 Likes

If you had not done so previously it will also inform you that you have to enable insecure something or other and give an option to where it needs to be set.

Thanks Darwin, that version of Gismeteo works for me.

Thanks nemac.

That worked, well sort of. Before I had ok weather now its horrible cold stuff. Is there a Mediterranean weather setting instead. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now there’s an idea! A plugin to change the weather.

Try Cordoba Argentina, that’s where I am, then you’ll be happy with the cold weather!! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

You could lend me at least 5 degrees. It would be better for both of us. :cold_face:

Tried with that version but no luck. Think I’ve tried all the weather addons and can’t get any working on the V. ANyone had better luck?

G’day. After I downloaded and installed the correct file Gismetro has been working fine. I downloaded https://github.com/vlmaksime/weather.gismeteo/releases/download/v0.6.4/weather.gismeteo-0.6.4+matrix.1.zip and saved it to the hard drive where my files are stored then added it through adding from a zip file.

Hi. I uninstalled and reinstalled but the same for me :frowning:

Is it skin dependent maybe?