Gopro Hero 6, Stuttering Video

@esox: Let’s concentrate on the playback from the USB3 hdd, first.

Tried again your 50FPS samples you provided above located on a USB3 hdd (ext4 format), no buffering message, video start within 1-2 seconds, all looks smooth including the 4K sample.

Only ideas I have is that the buffering is different than on my machine or this cannot be reproduced with my FULL HD environment, so, could you please upload the advancedsettings.xml?

paste-log /usr/share/kodi/system/advancedsettings.xml

The user advancedsettings.xml is empty/not there at /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/ as far as I can see in a previous log set.
Last I can offer to you is to retry your current video GH010019.MP4 but you have to make it accessible.

Addition: Your test file is definitely different from the samples you provided before since it’s this time a 4K H.264 encoding and not H.265 (hevc):

08:02:50.730 T:3084870400    INFO: ffmpeg[B7DF6300]:     Stream #0:0(eng): Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuvj420p(pc, bt709), 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 47013 kb/s, 50 fps, 50 tbr, 90k tbn, 100 tbc (default)

This is the xml file content:
https://paste.osmc.tv/fosukeyova

And yes, the GH010019.MP4 is only 1080p 50fps. It’s huge and family stuff, but i can share it in a private message.

Ok, I’ll send you a PM with a link where you can upload the video, so it will not be public.

Btw. could you please deactivate the add-on “TVShow Time” which is enabled on your Vero4k and all the time doing something while you playback the file. Just to eliminate this as root cause.

I thought the same, so I removed TVShowtime because:
1., it’s not working properly for a while
2., I saw too many log entry from the plugin

Thanks Tom. I did the fstab mounting. The fileload from Synology NAS is much quicker now.
I’m still stucked with gopro6 larger videos. I think it’s something about the codec, that gopro uses.

Just for readers finding this later:
The issue seems to be caused by extra QuickTime TC and meta tracks the Gopros series 5 and 6 burn into the MP4 clips; in these tracks special telemetry data are contained like speed, height, GPS coordinates, etc.

Kodi 18 (Leia) has already changes regarding this, see also Issues · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub.

2021-01-16: New kodi tracking, actual link is https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12579.

I will try backport these changes to Kodi Krypton.

Sam

After my vero4k updated to osmc april-2019 with kodi 18.x all the gopro 4k video playback issue disappeared.

Thanks for all.

2 Likes