Hit:2 Index of /osmc/osmc/apt buster InRelease
Reading package lists… Done
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Calculating upgrade… Done
The following packages will be upgraded:
libamcodec-osmc
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 13.9 kB of archives.
After this operation, 67.6 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Get:1 Index of /osmc/osmc/apt buster/main armhf libamcodec-osmc armhf 1.5.0-3 [13.9 kB]
Fetched 13.9 kB in 1s (21.9 kB/s)
(Reading database … 26416 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack …/libamcodec-osmc_1.5.0-3_armhf.deb …
Unpacking libamcodec-osmc (1.5.0-3) over (1.5.0-2) …
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libamcodec-osmc_1.5.0-3_armhf.deb (–unpack):
trying to overwrite ‘/usr/osmc/lib/libamcodec.so’, which is also in package vero3-libamcodec-osmc 1.2.0-3
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/libamcodec-osmc_1.5.0-3_armhf.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Your asking for Buster support before the devs have announced it being ready for testing?

this was posted by sam:

I believe what he meant was the repo was up for the 4K, not that he thought the build was ready for testing by the general public. Until Sam starts a thread announcing testing I think it is a bit unreasonable to expect support. The team is very actively working on this and when they have stopped finding issues to resolve themselves i’m quite certain they would welcome beta testers at that point.

If your system it still useable, then revert your sources.list to the default stretch and wait for an official announcement that Buster is ready for testing.

If it’s not useable, then your best bet is to re-install, because you now have a half Stretch and half Buster install.

System works totally fine and is very stable, i am not asking for support, when i updated using My OSMC it stated a error had occurred and to report it in the forum. So i did. That is all

This has since been resolved.

Issue is still present in my osmc

I verified the problem was resolved.
You probably didn’t check for updates again.

Updated successfully from command line

The update method is identical – so you probably just didn’t check for updates in My OSMC at first.

1 Like