Got a few basic questions

Hi i’m new to OSMC and would like to know a few basic things about Kodi/OSMC.

1. I want to mess around with all the different addons from different Repositories and i know that unofficial repos can always bear the risk to contain malware and what not, but does OSMC or Kodi run itself as root?
    Do Addons have any kind of root access withing Kodi or is it all run as user OSMC?

2. I heard that there was some troubles with the Xbox360 Wireless Controller (double input) and would like to know if this has been fixed in OSMC Jarvis/16 and if so is there are good tutorial on how to get it running?

I know that it is automatically recognized within Krypton-Builds and i really would love to stay with your Krypton Alpha-Builds as they are pretty much rock solid in most regards but sadly nether my HifiDIY DAC’s nor my Audioquest Dragonfly work within the Krypton Builds.

Btw. I took my Raspberry microsd and tried change the permissions of config.txt to 777 but for some unknown reason this didn’t work nether from my regular nor from a live cd of Debian is there some magic going on there?
I can edit and save the file as root but i don’t seem to be able to change the rights on that specific file to 777 (obviously without rebooting it on the RPi)

Bye :slight_smile: