GPS Position possible?

Afternoon All.
Is there any known programs (compatible with OSMC) that would allow me to (with a gps receiver) show the current car position on a map but still retain minimal controls? (i.e. just show location and speed, rather than plan a route?) I use OSMC for car media for my children, but i know they often want to know whereabouts we are.

I have one of the remotes below connected for control, so I don’t need too much in the way of “navigation” just something like a google map that shows current position. (i also dont want my children saying, but dad it says go this way…" lol

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FM4-Magic-Wireless-Remote-Control-2-4G-RF-for-Smart-Android-TV-Box-Mini-PC-G2X9-/162867227845

Thanks.

Karl

Well any default program that would allow that would need an x-server which means you would have to switch between Kodi and the x-server, not sure if you want that. If you don’t want that then you most likely would have to have a Kodi addon that gets the data from a command line program.
If you would be ok to switch between Kodi and x-server when using GPS just search goggle for "Debian GPS* should lead you to something

Thanks for the quick reply. How “clunky” would it be to switch between the two?

Well you can assign a remote button to do so but the switch definetly will take several seconds