Green bar at bottom screen playing full screen 16:9 tv shows

Dear all, I just bought a vero 4k+ mediaplayer. And i notice while playing tv shows in 16:9 format at full screen. That i have a small green bar at the bottom of my screen. However i do not have the green bar playing movies in another format like 18:9. All my content is in h265.

Is there someone here that knows of this problem and knows how to solve it.

Thank you in advance

With kind regards

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Dear Tom

Thank you for your quick reply. I have just enabled the debug log and rebooted the system twice. I also have a possible cause to the problem. I did some testing and it looks that when i play a tv show in x265 codec that is coded in modulus 2 i get the small green bar at the bottom. However when i play the same tv show coded in x265 with modulus 16 i have NO problem. However this problem does not occur at all when i play the same tv show coded in x264 in modulus 2 or 16.

Summary:

tv show 1 in x265 1080p with modulus 2 I get the green bar at the bottom of my screen
tv show 1 in x265 1080p with modulus 16 no problems occurred
tv show 1 in x264 1080p with modus 2 no problems occurred

tv show 2 in x265 2160p with modulus setting unknown but letterboxed (1.89:1 black bars above and bottom) no problems occurred

Still testing letterboxed tv shows

with kind regards

Hi – I believe you might see a green line if the resolution is not divisible by 8.
Can you upload some MediaInfo from https://videosam.pl?

Sam

So please post the URL for the logs.

I just uploaded 2 txt formatted mediainfo files. I will upload the system logs in 30 minutes

You need to provide the URL after uploading.

Please note that this problem does not occur on my nvidia shield tv 2019 with kodi 18.7 or 18.8 and version 19

System logs are uploaded https://paste.osmc.tv/rudujelegi

I’d suggest checking that URL – as it doesn’t load here.

i turned debug logging off and then uploaded the logs. i just checked i can see the logs now in this new link. https://paste.osmc.tv/vugopifiha

I also noticed that when i watch tv show and movies with a resolution of 1920 by 816 pixels i get large grey bars. While it should be black bars. Even when I have coded with modulus 16 the bars stay grey in codec x265. However this does not happen when i watch the content in x264.

Sounds like you have color set to full instead of limited…

I enabled the limit the color space and it solves my problem with the grey bars with wide screen tv shows and movies 1920 by 900 pixels. However i still have a green bar at the bottom of my screen with full screen tv shows 1920 by 1072 pixels. That i can only solve by re encoding my media in modulus 16. But i know it now and i will encode new media in modulus 16. Case is solved for 90%. Thanks

1 Like

The august 2021 software upgrade seems to have solved my problem with the green bar at the bottom of my screen. Thank you so much.

1 Like