Guide to upgrade from 4/4K to V?

Ok I know this is a new release and, though I have not bought one yet, it intrigues me and I want to know what is the procedure, to make it as a smooth as possible, to swap out boxes from a 4K to V.

Atm I back up my kodi settings using the included backup tool so I am less worried about that, and as I use Jellyfin as a backend to my media everything should just sync as needed. However, I also have custom mounts, ssh keys, added tools for vpns etc.

So is it just a case of plugging in a USB stick with clonezilla, making and image putting it on another USB stick expanding the filesystem and then copying it onto the new V device?

I am curious how an upgrade is supposed to work.

Thanks, Sam. The device looks great and I am sure it will be a hit.

1 Like

Definitely No!

But using the internal backup/restore solution works fine as long as the Vero 4k is using a recent version of OSMC.

The settings would be covered in backup of etc folder while you would need to install the applications manually before you restore the etc folder

2 Likes

Backup and restore should work fine as long as the devices are both up to date.

The only thing to potentially be aware of is that restoring from a 4K/4K+ to a V may not enable the ‘Accelerate AV-1’ setting and you may need to set this under Settings → Playback.

Sam

2 Likes