Hanewin NFS Server Issues

I have been having issues with my NFS server on OSMC the past couple days. It all started with a power outage. As soon as power was restored my Pi2 could not connect to the NFS server even though my PC has a fixed local IP. I was able to fix it by simply uninstalling Hanewin and installing it again with the exact same export list. However today, some of my video sources via NFS would not connect(I have Movies1 and TV1 on one external HD, then Movies2 and TV2 on the second external harddrive). It seems the two sources on the second hard drive would not work even after trying to reinstall hanewin. I’ll post screenshots of all my settings to help clarify.

Thanks for the amazing work you guys do for OSMC and I hope the community can help me out once again.

*In addition, there was a brilliant tutorial for Hanewin on the old forums back in the Raspbmc days and I cannot find it. Does anyone have a link to it?

Hi there!

I suggest you start with full logs from OSMC if you assume anything wrong on the OSMC side.

See:

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. MOST IMPORTANTLY, you need to provide DIAGNOSTIC LOGS so we can diagnose the problem. If you don’t supply logs, we can’t help you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us.

Apologies for the lack of information. Here are my logs: http://paste.osmc.io/yapacusolo

Ok, while that might not be related to your current issue your are using a very old install which in it’s current form is not anymore supported
02:55:57 T:1956974592 NOTICE: Starting Kodi (14.2 Git:Unknown). Platform: Linux ARM (Thumb) 32-bit

My recommendation is to make a backup of your .kodi directory do a new install with the latest image and then copy back your .kodi directory

From your logs it also confirms you can successfully access /TV and /Movies but not TV2 and not Movies2
It fails with Failed to open(//) opendir call failed with “NFS: READDIRPLUS of / failed with NFS3ERR_STALE(-5)”
Which could indicate a permission problem on your second drive, did you crosscheck that?

Thanks for the reply. I’m aware my version is outdated I usually don’t update or change anything when everything is working to my satisfaction. I was messing around with the exports file and changed it to this:
I:\XBMC\Movies -readonly -name:Movies 192.168.2.10
I:\XBMC\TvShows -readonly -name:TV 192.168.2.10
J:\XBMC\Movies -readonly -name:Movies2 192.168.2.10
J:\XBMC\TVShows -readonly -name:TV2 192.168.2.10

Now everything works except the TV Shows folder on the second drive but strangely the movies folder on that drive works. In addition, even though these drives are identical models there was different settings in the security tab under drive properties and the second drive wasn’t happy to comply with my changes. I really think this is between my PC and Hanewin.

1 Like

It’s not only outdated but it is unsupported, so you are on your own!

Turns out it didn’t like the name TV Shows on the second drive, I made a new folder called TV and set it as the same name TV2 and everything is working fine again. Thanks a lot fzinken for your help. Hope this thread will help others who run into this issue.