Hardware for audio-only OSMC/Kodi device

Hi Folks,

as I have at this time 4 PI B+/2 devices running solely for audio, and I am not sooo happy about the hardware, I was wondering of any of you has tested other hardware just for audio?
Or is Raspberry PI the only option here?

Do you use only the RPis or with added hats? I have an RPi2 with Hifiberry Digi for digital audio out and am happy as can be in that regards.

If for some reason you need other hardware the Volumio site has an overview of audiophile stuff, but be warned: most of it is pricy and I don’t see how it would make a noticable improvement.

I was already thinking about it.
Does OSMC support the hifiberry well? and you are right regarding the Volumio site. I think that if I have to spend all that money on a PI + Extension + stuff, I’d rather take a Vero 4K for that. Costs less too.

The Hifiberry is very well supported. You simply add one line to the config.txt and choose the new audio out in the Kodi settings. Then you lean back and enjoy. :sunglasses: It also supports all kinds of digital pass through so it’s great for a home cinema.

It does conflict with the standard pin for Lirc though, so you need to do some more changes if you want to use an IR remote. But that can easily be solved, too.

The Vero on the other hand sure is an atractive alternative.