HDHomeRun audio sync issues after April OSMC Update

Well I don’t know. I can’t reproduce this. Any chance you’ve managed to set the audio offset either in Kodi or on the TV?

I checked and there are no audio offsets active. Plus, the sync is so bad that I can’t even use the audio offset feature in Kodi to fix this problem since we’re talking 10-15 or more seconds (not milliseconds).

Again, this is only an issue playing through the Vero4K. View these video files on a computer and they play absolutely without issue.

@sam_nazarko, is there anything else I can try? Because, as it stands, I can’t use my Vero4K for half of what I need it for.

I just looked through your log again. It seems your resolution is set to 4k. Try setting it to 1080 and 60Hz.

@grahamh That seems to have done the trick. I do have a 4K TV, so I may have thought it should be set to 4K. The Vero4K worked fine before the April update (I assume the update would have just re-used all the previous settings and therefore would work as before).

Does this mean that if I play 4K videos it will be downsized or something?

At any rate, the live tv and watching live tv recordings seems to be okay again. Thank you for that.

Common misconception. There is no benefit to having the GUI at more than 1080p. When you upgraded, the resolution may have changed without your knowledge. This is a one-off. You ended up with vero having to convert resolution, refresh rate and aspect ratio which is a bit of a stretch.

Just set Adjust refresh rate to ‘On start/stop’ and you should be good for both HDTV and 4k video.