HDMI/ARC Dropouts

It’s difficult to get it logged as it occurs so randomly. Is it okay to leave debugging on for a longer time period and then just take note of the time when I encounter this the next time?

It’s been an issue since the beginning if I recall correctly, but the incidence has varied without a clear pattern. Do you think there’s a possibility this is an issue with certain batches of Veros?

And yes, I’ve tried the usual things. Changing cords, disconnecting power and even reinstalling OSMC.

I don’t think it’s a hardware problem at all.
If it was – CEC wouldn’t work at all and neither would HDMI (as it’s integrated as part of the PHY)

On my LG B9 the CEC doesn’t work properly with the Shield. (LG’s CEC implementation is notoriously unreliable, in contrast with my Sony OLED the CEC of the Vero, Shield, and Oppo all work happily together.) A Harmony remote could be the easiest solution?

1 Like

I ended up taping over pin 13 to disable CEC. Sorry that I couldn’t provide any logs to help fix this issue. Hopefully someone else is willing to do that work, until that I can’t really complain that this doesn’t get fixed. Thanks for all the help!

1 Like