HDMI CEC double presses

I’ve had problems with double presses on the Vero and since I replaced it with a Vero 2 and you use libCEC I’m experiencing double presses again.

Is it applicable to get the same patch for Vero 2 to be able to configure the timing?

Hi

The repeat button presses patches by @popcornmix are included in libCEC and Kodi for Vero 2. You can tweak them under Peripherals -> Input.

If you are on an older version of OSMC for Vero 2, where CEC was fully implemented in the kernel and sent input events as keyboard events, you won’t see these options in Kodi and you will need to update your system first. You can do this by going to My OSMC -> Updates -> Manual Controls -> Check for Updates now.

Sam

Strange, I have had the vero 2 since launch and it is updated fully with the july update. I don’t see the options in peripherals -> input, that’s why I asked the question now.

Are you sure that the Vero 2 has that patch?

/usr/share/kodi/system/peripherals.xml differ between vero 1 and 2 for me, with vero2 missing the following lines:

<setting key="double_tap_timeout_ms" type="int" min="50" max="1000" step="50" value="300" label="38050" order="16" /> <setting key="button_repeat_rate_ms" type="int" min="0" max="250" step="10" value="0" label="38051" order="17" /> <setting key="button_release_delay_ms" type="int" min="0" max="500" step="50" value="0" label="38052" order="18" />

And the patch doesn’t seem to be on github with a vero2 prefix.

(https://github.com/osmc/osmc/blob/master/package/mediacenter-osmc/patches/vero-055-configure-cec-repeats.patch)

Just checking if the patch really is applied for Vero 2.

You’re right. I likely thought it was in the all patch series. That’s how I would normally do it, but because it comes in from Pi backports, we have to do it individually for each target or the patch wouldn’t merge cleanly at build time.

I’ve added the patch in this commit:

Jenkins is building it now. After that’s done, you’ll be able to install it by running the following commands:

wget http://apt.osmc.tv/pool/main/v/vero2-mediacenter-osmc/vero2-mediacenter-osmc_16.1.0-16_armhf.deb -O mediacenter.deb
sudo dpkg -i mediacenter.deb
rm mediacenter.deb 
sudo reboot

It will be included in the next OSMC update.

Sam

1 Like